Another quick question... | Syracusefan.com

Another quick question...

LAOrange

Starter
I'm sure this has been covered, but humor me, I'm old. Is Chukwu even a possibility? Seems we could still press with him in there.

Chukwu has been terrible on D this year. I'd much rather have Lydon anchoring the press. And if we're pressing, that means we're down and need points. Chukwu would add nothing there.

actually it would make the press a bit different because it would make the back end different and also less of an issue if he picked up a couple fouls doing it. It would add 1 more body to the front end as well. it would be nice in a pinch if we needed to use to at least have the option

actually it would make the press a bit different because it would make the back end different and also less of an issue if he picked up a couple fouls doing it. It would add 1 more body to the front end as well. it would be nice in a pinch if we needed to use to at least have the option

The only times I recall him on the back of the press early on this year he came up too much and they just went to the hoop with no rim protection whatsoever. A couple times he tried to come up past the three point to get to the ball, never came close, then they just passed for the dunk.

He didn't seem very good at being the stopper in the press.

I was under the impression that Chukwu could apply for a medical redshirt if he sat out the rest of the season. If he is able to get a redshirt, I don't see any reason why Syracuse would play him again this year if they can get an extra year of eligibility from him.

Yeah. I think Lydon does a better job of what we'd be asking PC to do in the press.

I'm sure this has been covered, but humor me, I'm old. Is Chukwu even a possibility? Seems we could still press with him in there.
He won't be back this season.

He won't be back this season.

At one point didn't JB say he would be fine by the last week of the year or something like that on his radio show once recently.

At one point didn't JB say he would be fine by the last week of the year or something like that on his radio show once recently.
I thought JB recently said somewhere that he wouldn't be back, but I could be mistaken.

I thought JB recently said somewhere that he wouldn't be back, but I could be mistaken.
The Sub-Standard reported this week that PC is done for this season. He could be back very late in the year but he'd have to wear goggles and they don't want to risk it. He is 100% done.

Ahh, makes sense. Thank you all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom