Another Wes Johnson Poster | Syracusefan.com

Another Wes Johnson Poster

great dunk, terrible uniforms. I hate that the lakers introduced those Sunday POS uniforms about 10 years ago. Should only wear gold at home and purple on the road.

His best dunk ever came during an early season game in his only year at the Dome. Andy Rautins lofted a pass that looked like it would go over the backboard, but then this bird flew in from the side with an outstretched wing and shoved the ball downward for at least two feet while slamming it through the hoop. The entire place erupted. I have the virtual video of the play locked in my memory.

His best dunk ever came during an early season game in his only year at the Dome. Andy Rautins lofted a pass that looked like it would go over the backboard, but then this bird flew in from the side with an outstretched wing and shoved the ball downward for at least two feet while slamming it through the hoop. The entire place erupted. I have the virtual video of the play locked in my memory.

Was this on the fastbreak where Triche flicked the ball back to Andy at the 3 point line, who - in what I can best describe as a 'one-timer' pass (think hockey) - lobbed the ball up to Wes for the one-handed throwdown? One of my favorite dunks after the Warrick t-bag and flat footed dunks.

Was this on the fastbreak where Triche flicked the ball back to Andy at the 3 point line, who - in what I can best describe as a 'one-timer' pass (think hockey) - lobbed the ball up to Wes for the one-handed throwdown? One of my favorite dunks after the Warrick t-bag and flat footed dunks.
I don't remember who fed Andy, but it was indeed a fast break, and the alley-oop pass was a long one toward the north hoop from almost in front of the press table.

I don't remember who fed Andy, but it was indeed a fast break, and the alley-oop pass was a long one toward the north hoop from almost in front of the press table.

I remember that even though Wes was taking flight it was still more on his finger tips than in his palm and that he basically swung his arm down throwing it through the rim! May not have even actually touched the rim with his hand. I also remember when Andy throw the pass I though no way he gets to that ball.

I remember that even though Wes was taking flight it was still more on his finger tips than in his palm and that he basically swung his arm down throwing it through the rim! May not have even actually touched the rim with his hand. I also remember when Andy throw the pass I though no way he gets to that ball.
That was indeed the same dunk.

Wes going ballistic to catch Andy's lob: 1:14
Triche to Andy to Wes: 1:44

But do yourself a favor and enjoy the whole clip :D I really think Wes might be my favorite player ever. He was just so damn exciting to watch, and that '09-10 team was just so incredible.

He was really a great player for us. Fun to watch that team. Perfect combination of talent and leadership. Shame we lost AO because I think we would have had another final four, at least.

He was really a great player for us. Fun to watch that team. Perfect combination of talent and leadership. Shame we lost AO because I think we would have had another final four, at least.

We would have won the Title. Even if Michigan State didn't lose their PG (Lucas?) and we faced them in the F4, we would have won it all.

But do yourself a favor and enjoy the whole clip :D I really think Wes might be my favorite player ever. He was just so damn exciting to watch, and that '09-10 team was just so incredible.

The slam I referred to was the one-hander at 1:17.

Can you imagine Wes playing small forward for this year's team? There is a very short list of of former SU players who could help this team more.

Dude ... your avatar is of Wes, you post highlights of Wes's plays and you state Wes might be your favorite player.

RIGHT ON!!!! :)

(I miss Wes, he was a lot of fun to watch and loved that he seem to have so much fun_

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom