Anthony vs McCullough | Syracusefan.com

Anthony vs McCullough

orange2win

2nd String
Through their first 14 regular season games for SU.

Anthony's numbers first.

Leading scorer on team (games) 6 ~ 1
Minutes Played 492 ~ 418
Total Points 307 ~ 142
Rebounds 127 ~ 105
Assists 32 ~ 18
Turnovers 30 ~ 33
Blocks 10 ~ 32
Steals 26 ~ 25

We knew Anthony was much better before the season started if he was on this team we are likely undefeated this year.

Chris will come around its not like he isn't getting minutes.

We knew Anthony was much better before the season started if he was on this team we are likely undefeated this year.

Yes I think after the initial excitement, it was fairly well known that people who were expecting Chris to be another Carmelo were going to be disappointed.

this thread is a waste of time. did anyone see carmelo in the mcds game? if so, did you see chris in the jordan game? big difference. this thread should be trashed.

You miss the point.

Carmelo is the best player ever to play for the Orange. Both he and Chris came in as prospective one-and-dones. After 14 games and 15% less playing time, Chris has matched Carmelo in steals and TO's, and has three times as many blocks, which makes up for his fewer RBs.

He is way behind in scoring, but by March I expect that stat to be better. Unless the NCAA abruptly changes its rules or Chris opts for academics over early NBA (like Rak), then he's gone at year's end, notwithstanding his slender frame and JB's best efforts to dissuade him. It's hard to beat getting paid a fat salary for apprentice development.

You miss the point.

Carmelo is the best player ever to play for the Orange. Both he and Chris came in as prospective one-and-dones. After 14 games and 15% less playing time, Chris has matched Carmelo in steals and TO's, and has three times as many blocks, which makes up for his fewer RBs.

He is way behind in scoring, but by March I expect that stat to be better. Unless the NCAA abruptly changes its rules or Chris opts for academics over early NBA (like Rak), then he's gone at year's end, notwithstanding his slender frame and JB's best efforts to dissuade him. It's hard to beat getting paid a fat salary for apprentice development.

Perhaps if you added this after the stats in the OP posters would have better understood your point. I agree that its still likely Chris is gone which has always been the plan. Chris will get better and he does a fine job rebounding, blocking shots and getting his hands on the ball when he is in there BUT he also misses more defensive assignments than anyone else playing on the front line this year. I think offensively he needs to 1 dribble drive and attack the rim trying to dunk much more. He could do this 3 or 4 times a game. Mostly when he gets it in the high post and Rak is posting on either block but other times as well.

orange2win to clarify, you think chris will close the gap on points come march? chris is averaging 10.1 ppg. that is with a good early start averaging 14 ppg. were going to go against tougher competition, although i expect him to improve as well, which will make it a wash. however, carmelo averaged more than 22 ppg. chris minutes are also going to decrease because roberson is flat out better right now. the scoring stat isn't getting "better" for chris.

I think he'll come around too... in an NBA uniform :(.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom