Antwon Bailey... | Syracusefan.com

Antwon Bailey...

bothsocksup

Starter
We havent heard much about Bailey as far as post season accolades, or the ability to play in the NFL. Bailey has really been the glue of this team, an absolute playmaker. He has impressed witih with not only his ability to run, cut, run people over, catch the ball out of the backfield, but also his ability to block and deliver a blow to the defender. I think Bailey should definitely start getting consideration for player of the year in the BE, and a possible 2012 draft pick. I see alot of sproles in Bailey and someone who can definitely find a niche in the NFL..

He may get a shot in the NFL, but I'll be shocked if he gets drafted. Seems more like a rookie free agent to me.

He ran like he was possessed on Friday. So good to see. Spent the majority of the game setting up manageable second and third downs, then BOOM, gets his yards late on a big run. That's the Bailey we need, and he delivered.

As far as getting drafted, that is tough. I haven't reviewed all the backs that could possibly enter, but I think there is a shot. Right now, my gut tells me UFA, just because there are a hundred small backs out there that can fill a third-down roll, so why draft one unless he is lights out? But if Bailey can play like this against a team like Louisville, Pitt, and Uconn, displaying the ability to make the occasional tough run will allow him to jump a whole lot of those other one-dimensional options.

I like him, I really do, but BE player of the year could be a stretch as that award will not be based on what Bailey does outside of gaining yards. As far as the N.F.L. I think he will get looks as an undrafted free agent.

We havent heard much about Bailey as far as post season accolades, or the ability to play in the NFL. Bailey has really been the glue of this team, an absolute playmaker. He has impressed witih with not only his ability to run, cut, run people over, catch the ball out of the backfield, but also his ability to block and deliver a blow to the defender. I think Bailey should definitely start getting consideration for player of the year in the BE, and a possible 2012 draft pick. I see alot of sproles in Bailey and someone who can definitely find a niche in the NFL..

while i like bailey as a kid, you guys need to relax on the nfl talk. lacks size , strength, and speed...its ok to lack 1 or 3 but not all three...delone lacked the speed but the pros loved his strength and size. also bailey has had an average year at best when you factor in those 2 huge fumbles against rutgers that contributed heavily in us losing that game and a legitimate shot at the league...

I haven't really been impressed with AB's vision this year. I got to watch the Toledo game first hand and he kept running into his lineman, even when there was a hole in the next gap. I wasn't able to watch the WVU, (damn weddings!!!) and maybe there has been improvement in this area. But from what i've seen, he's missing holes...

where have i been that he should be talked about as BE player of the year??? i like him, but i would consider him serviceable just as soon as i would say he should be BE player of the year ...for comparison, Bailey (rec:95 yds/6.8 avg, rush: 698/4.6 td:6) Pead (106/7.1, 734/6.2, 8) Graham (200/6.7, 972/5.8, 9)

while he has turned it on after the first 2 games and looks to be getting better rather than stalling, there were a lot of questions about whether he could sustain being the go to RB, he doesn't get to be in the conversation just yet...and someone will show interest in him in the nfl as a free agent (greg paulus anyone?) but it doesn't mean that he'll make it anywhere

I dont think there is any chance Ant plays in the NFL. He's too small, lacks elite quickness and field vision. He has been an asset for us at SU, but I think he leaves his cleats and gear at SU after this year and moves on into the real world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom