Any Derby fans out there? | Syracusefan.com

Any Derby fans out there?

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
It's a big 2 weeks of activities leading up to the KY Derby on Saturday. Has anyone ever been there? Living here, I have been a few times plus the KY Oaks (the day before) a couple times. A fun day. It's an experience you definitely should try sometime. Haven't made any picks yet for this year.

I'd love to check out the Derby but I imagine 150,000+ people make a very crazy scene. I can't even imagine the logistics of how they handle that many people. I know there is no way that Saratoga could handle that many on one day. Lots of drunk crazy people.

I'm not sure who I am going to bet as it seems like it gets harder and harder to bet each year. I like Goldencents but it's very difficult to make money. This is one race that professional handicappers seem to avoid.

saratoga would handle a ton more if they opened up the infield like they used too.. they could probably get closer to 80K but the parking would be pretty tough at that level.

saratoga would handle a ton more if they opened up the infield like they used too.. they could probably get closer to 80K but the parking would be pretty tough at that level.
According to Wikipedia, the highest attendance for the Travers was in 2001 and it was around 60,000. Last year was 46,000 for the deadheat finish. I liked when they opened the infield, and thought it made sense, but the logistics for parking would be impossible. I can't imagine how bad it was for 60,000. That must be something like 5000 to 7000 more cars than last year.

That would be very eqivalent to getting that many more cars to park around the Carrier Dome. There just aren't spots available. I don't know how they do it in Louisville. I haven't been to the track there, but I have been to Papa John, which I guess is pretty close, and know about all those spots there. It's just a lot of people

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom