Any idea on how many Doug will take in this recruiting year? | Syracusefan.com

Any idea on how many Doug will take in this recruiting year?

CaliCuse

All American
Mixing quantity and quality is always a good thing. Especially opening in the ACC in September 2013 Its going to be better than expected at the moment. I think the QB question will be long established by then. Bringing in Collins or some one else will only affect the recruiting and position after 2013

I think someone addressed this not long ago... I seem to recall something like 18 players whose eligibility will expire, and with the other usual losses, the actual number of available scholarships should be in the low 20s, I believe.

I think someone addressed this not long ago... I seem to recall something like 18 players whose eligibility will expire, and with the other usual losses, the actual number of available scholarships should be in the low 20s, I believe.

SU has 13 Seniors.

Room for 17 in the next class. Or more.

SU has 13 Seniors.

Room for 17 in the next class. Or more.

I only see 12 scholarship guys exhausting their eligibility:

Cory Boatman, DT, R-Sr.
Zach Chibane, OG, T-Sr.
Carl Cutler, FB, R-Sr.
Siriki Diabate, LB, T-Sr.
Deon Goggins, DT, R-Sr.
Alec Lemon, WR, T-Sr.
Ryan Nassib, QB, R-Sr.
Marcus Sales, WR, R-Sr.
Brandon Sharpe, DE, T-Sr.
David Stevens, TE, R-Sr.
Shamarko Thomas, S, T-Sr.
Dan Vaughn, LB, R-Sr.

There are six other listed scholarship seniors (I don't believe Dom Amene, James Jarrett or Eric Morris who are all listed as seniors were ever offered scholarships) who redshirted

Lou Alexander, OL, R-Jr.
Ri'Shard Anderson, CB, R-Jr.
Ryan Lichtenstein, K, R-Jr.
Charley Loeb, QB, R-Jr.
Andrew Phillips, OL, R-Jr.
Justin Pugh, OT, R-Jr.

We currently have 61 scholarship players on the roster (including early enrollees Broyld and Davis). We have an additional 22 commitments according to most websites coming in which would put us at 83 scholarship players. Assuming Garrick is not able to play and Barnwell doesn't qualify that drops it to 20 enrolling. Of the R-Jr.'s listed I think Lichtenstein goes, but probably no one else. To me that leaves 17 scholarships depending on who else leaves of which we have give three-Funderburke, Provo and Williams.

Cory Boatman, DT, R-Sr.
Zach Chibane, OG, T-Sr.
Carl Cutler, FB, R-Sr.
Siriki Diabate, LB, T-Sr.
Deon Goggins, DT, R-Sr.
Alec Lemon, WR, T-Sr.
Ryan Nassib, QB, R-Sr.
Marcus Sales, WR, R-Sr.
Brandon Sharpe, DE, T-Sr.
David Stevens, TE, R-Sr.
Shamarko Thomas, S, T-Sr.
Dan Vaughn, LB, R-Sr.

There are six other listed scholarship seniors (I don't believe Dom Amene, James Jarrett or Eric Morris who are all listed as seniors were ever offered scholarships) who redshirted

Lou Alexander, OL, R-Jr.
Charley Loeb, QB, R-Jr.
Justin Pugh, OT, R-Jr.

We currently have 61 scholarship players on the roster (including early enrollees Broyld and Davis). We have an additional 22 commitments according to most websites coming in which would put us at 83 scholarship players. Assuming Garrick is not able to play and Barnwell doesn't qualify that drops it to 20 enrolling. Of the R-Jr.'s listed I think Lichtenstein goes, but probably no one else. To me that leaves 17 scholarships depending on who else leaves of which we have give three-Funderburke, Provo and Williams.
Great summary.
I thought that Sweet Lou had three to play two and would exhaust his eligiblity

I asked Coach a couple of weeks ago and he said they would have 22-23 scholarships for next year. I'm not sure how he came to that number, but he sounded pretty confident.

I think this is a question that is best answered as "low 20s" every single year. With the number of defections, non-qualifiers and academic/disciplinary casualties every year, it will be very rare that we'll be limited to something like 16 or 17 LOIs in February. I'd almost bet on it never happening again.

Pugh is a likely first or second round pick this year from what people are saying. I highly doubt he comes back for next year.

Lou Alexander, OL, R-Jr.
Charley Loeb, QB, R-Jr.
Justin Pugh, OT, R-Jr.

I looked into this- Alexander is a RS Senior. He played 2 years of JUCO, didn't play at all in 2010, and is now entering his Senior year here. He's done after this year.

And there's no way the Principality is coming back next year.

Consider Lichtenstein to be a Senior.

Barnwell did not qualify.

Unless Garrick gets medical clearance, don't count him either.

Other than that, your numbers agree with mine: 81 scholarship players here in August (if there aren't any last minute changes).

who do you see as being the fantastic four?
  1. On defense for a few years I'm guessing that the following will be impact impressive
  2. W Williams
  3. ian Jones
  4. Brester
  5. Manley
  6. Simmons
  7. Hilliard
Injuries can affect these players of course and the ever present book learnin' stuff. You all know how much that garbage can interfere with their real purpose of being here. ;) You can pick four out of that group that will keep the defense solid . Linebacker have been excluded at this time as being a bit incomplete aside from Lynch Davis and Washington.:p

Loeb will take his degree right? Unless theres a good chance he beats out Hunt.

Didn't think Pugh was that highly thought of. He needs to come back 100% first.