Any JUCO FOGO Guys Out There? | Syracusefan.com

Any JUCO FOGO Guys Out There?

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
OCC, Nassau? LeMoyne? Anybody anywhere?

I would hope that Desko puts the message out to everybody in his rolodex (I know, dating myself) to send him a FOGO!

The 1st thing I'd do is send a "feeler" out to Rutgers Soph. Joe Nardella. Cazenovia native, ranked 4th nationally in FO%, went 18/26 vs SU in the Dome this year. Possible transfer w 2 to play ala Cometti...not sure if you have to sit a year in lax, Young didn't this year.

The 1st thing I'd do is send a "feeler" out to Rutgers Soph. Joe Nardella. Cazenovia native, ranked 4th nationally in FO%, went 18/26 vs SU in the Dome this year. Possible transfer w 2 to play ala Cometti...not sure if you have to sit a year in lax, Young didn't this year.

There is no transfer year in lacrosse, players who transfer can play immediately unless the school they are transferring from blocks them.

Nardella? rutgirls coach was suspended for verbal abuse this year. Maybe this gives him a reason to leave?

Massa? Probably not, but if he wants to win a natl championship you never know.

Anybody anywhere?

I

At this point, I'll take anybody anywhere.

I wish a reporter would ask Desko; why its so hard to find a quality face-off guy (assuming he has been looking for one!)? Given that this problem has existed for sometime now, one would think there would be a number of guys knocking on our door. Despite this problem I wouldn't trade Desko and staff for any in the world.

The best face-off guy around is just down the road right here in Whitesboro, seriously.

I'm from Whitesboro myself & follow the program closely. As far as the player that you're plugging, he's a good kid & hard worker but if I'm being honest, I'd say that his ceiling is to contribute on a middle-of-the-pack D3 team, i.e. Utica, Alfred, possibly SJF.

I gotta tell ya he is being looked at by Cuse and already has a LOT of interest from Army. He won over 90% of his face-offs this year. He dominated at a "face-off Showcase" in Feb. in Boston. BTY|W glad you follow the program.

I gotta tell ya he is being looked at by Cuse and already has a LOT of interest from Army. He won over 90% of his face-offs this year. He dominated at a "face-off Showcase" in Feb. in Boston. BTY|W glad you follow the program.

Get his info to the staff, take a few minutes and email them, it cant hurt.

I'm from Whitesboro myself & follow the program closely. As far as the player that you're plugging, he's a good kid & hard worker but if I'm being honest, I'd say that his ceiling is to contribute on a middle-of-the-pack D3 team, i.e. Utica, Alfred, possibly SJF.

I went to Utica, we had a pretty good lax team then. Not sure how we are these days but they were definitely an upper tier D3 team there in the early-mid 2000's.

sssshhhh........Vaughn Harris from OCC has just committed to Cuse this past weekend!

Thanks Woody, can you share your thoughts on him. Strengths/weaknesses. anticipation of PT?

He got hurt in the regional championships late in teh season but have seen him play for the Iroquois Nation and OCC, hes undersized but built like a ox and is a great Athlete, my son tells me he has amazing change of direction, strength and athletic ability, he also brings a cannon of a shot and pick corners for fun, but the best news is that he is an elite Face off guy!

He got hurt in the regional championships late in teh season but have seen him play for the Iroquois Nation and OCC, hes undersized but built like a ox and is a great Athlete, my son tells me he has amazing change of direction, strength and athletic ability, he also brings a cannon of a shot and pick corners for fun, but the best news is that he is an elite Face off guy!

This is great news for SU, I was 99% sure we were goign to bring in at least 1 new faceoff guy and I figured OCC would be one of the placed we would look. Got to admit I dontknow much about him but I certainly will take you and your sons opinion. Excited to get this guy on campus, hope he is qualified academically.

He has another year at OCC.

Quote from Chuck Wilber, OCC head coach - "We were injured all season. Rodd Squire (one of our top mids) didn't play until the last few weeks, and even then he was only playing on one foot. We lost a starter at attack Seth Oakes. We lost the best face off guy in JuCo, and one of our better offensive mids, in Vaughn Harris."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom