Any news on how this impacts our potential recruits? | Syracusefan.com

Any news on how this impacts our potential recruits?

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Just curious if anyone has poked around with the guys we hope to have coming in next year?

Francis03 ?

iommi ?

You can cross off Quinerly from the class of 2018.
Why? Hop hasn't even been down to see him? Why don't we wait to see who we get to replace Hop before we start crossing people off any list they may or may not have been on.

Why? Hop hasn't even been down to see him? Why don't we wait to see who we get to replace Hop before we start crossing people off any list they may or may not have been on.
hoopsupstate thinks that Quinerly won't want to play zone - and with JB around in 2018 , we will be playing zone

With the extension to 21-22 this should open doors for the 18, 19 & 20. All three committed guys are still coming. Ayala is a GMAC guy so no issues there. Probably means we land Wright.

Does this help at all with any future recruits?

How could it? We do have a job open. We need to get Orlando Antigua asap

We have very little to look forward to with our guard play and the pond is loaded with BIG fish. I hate the staffs approach of targeting a select few recruits extremely hard and pushing others away, if we even kept some of these kids warm over the years we'd be in a complete different spot and going forward we would already have a guaranteed starter locked up for next season. I'm fine with JB, he's a legend but he does need the right personnel in place in order to be successful and from what others have said he relies on his assistants to find that talent. I find it ridiculous we can't find a lengthy PG for the top of the zone, Gillon was a mess defensively on the top and he was slightly above average offensively, especially a year removed from Cooney and Gbinije who ran the top of the zone to perfection. There is talent on campus but this is a huge transition class, I'm content with the frontcourt but our backcourt has to be concerning.

Why don't we wait to see who we get to replace Hop before we start crossing people off any list.
What quality assistant is going to come here knowing he is probably out of a job in 2 years?

I would be more concerned with the ACC's lackluster performance in this years tournament as far as future recruits go.
I don't think any recruits are hedging against committing to Syracuse because the top basketball conference in the country, with the most exposure had an off year.

What quality assistant is going to come here knowing he is probably out of a job in 2 years?
Easy answer. The guy, like troy weaver, who has no intention of staying long. This guy wants to make a name for himself real quick. there are guys connected with AAu programs that would jump at the chance. And we don't know for sure, how long that ass't would be here if he was interested in staying. A guy bringing in blue chip recruits, isn't going to be let go by the next guy.

Easy answer. The guy, like troy weaver, who has no intention of staying long. This guy wants to make a name for himself real quick. there are guys connected with AAu programs that would jump at the chance. And we don't know for sure, how long that ass't would be here if he was interested in staying. A guy bringing in blue chip recruits, isn't going to be let go by the next guy.

Munch Williams from PSA would be perfect IMO. They've had Bryant, McCullough, Chieck Diallo, Battle, Quade, Randolph, Ty Jerome, Bamba all just in the last 3-4 years. He's good friends with Red, too.

Well if Hop was the lead assistant (thus probably in charge of recruiting), and JB wasn't much into recruiting and knowing the way JB runs the program, kind of hands off...is it possible that the reason that Hop moved on and was not really encouraged to stay was because of recruiting the last few years...just because he was an excellent recruiter, doesn't mean he was good at running the recruiting program...So with Red moving up, maybe we will have better recruiting management? Just a thought...