Any stat junkies around? | Syracusefan.com

Any stat junkies around?

armory

All American
Just curious how common it is for;

- a MLB team with a score differential as low as +9 to make the playoffs.
- a MLB team with a score differential as high as +118 to not make the playoffs
- Both happening in the same year and both teams being in the same league. Same division.
- Two teams in the same league reach 90 wins yet both miss the playoffs (Angels/Rays still both need 1 win for this to happen)

Those stats - that last one especially - sound pretty extraordinary.

- Both happening in the same year and both teams being in the same league. Same division.
- Two teams in the same league reach 90 wins yet both miss the playoffs (Angels/Rays still both need 1 win for this to happen)

Yeah the last one is amazing. That would be 6 90 win teams in the AL. I bet there is no way that has happened.

You do see stuff like teams with bad run differentials making the playoffs (the 87 Twins won the WS with a -20 differential) but a spread of 100 runs is a pretty big one.

What's most crazy is that the Orioles are 24 games over .500 with their +9. That is very impressive. I know that number can be skewed but over a 162 game season you would think it would be more realistic. The Phillies have a +10 and are only 2 games over .500 which would seem reasonable.

I would think it is a given that Buck Showalter will win Manager of the Year. He has already won it twice before in the AL (Yankees and Rangers) so it would make three with three different teams. I wouldn't think that has been done before.

Another crazy stat is the O's have won like 15 or 16 straight extra inning games which is almost impossible. That helps massage the numbers.

Another crazy stat is the O's have won like 15 or 16 straight extra inning games which is almost impossible. That helps massage the numbers.

Yeah last I saw it was 15 straight. That really is unbelievable. I'm convinced they get knocked out of the playoffs in an extra inning game

The Yankees and Rangers are tied for best record but the Yanks may not even win their division with two games remaining.

Pretty insane records in the AL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom