Any thoughts on SU's next commit? | Syracusefan.com

Any thoughts on SU's next commit?

Ptzburghcuse

Walk On
It seems that the recruits came fast and furious for a few years and laterly its been much much slower.

Looking back DC2 committed in Oct. 2011 and Ennis commited in August.

At that time there were rumours swirling that we may end up getting several more recruits in quick succession.

As that has come and gone - I'll put out a 2-part question:

1. Who is the next guy to give a verbal to 'Cuse
2. When do you think that will be?

BJ Johnson probably. A 4 year guy who won't see any minutes as a frosh but might develop down the road. Ennis was the must get in this class for us. SU is in a tough situation this year. There really is no PT available for 2013 recruits next year (outside of Ennis). The recruits aren't stupid. They know it's a crowded situation and they will go to other options where they can get major minutes immediately. I'd be shocked if Rysheed Jordan came here. There just aren't enough minutes for him. He didn't even stay for Saturday's practice so that's not encouraging. We might have a shot with Roberson but even that is not great. 2014 class will be make or break as there will be a lot more PT available and it appears that we have a decent shot with elite recruits like Dakari Johnson, McCullough and Whitehead.

i

BJ Johnson

Lower Merion High's B.J. Johnson, a 6-foot-7, 165-pound senior swingman, will announce his college decision at 3:15 p.m. Wednesday at the school.

His finalists are Temple, Villanova, Syracuse, and Rutgers.

Last season, Johnson averaged 15.8 points while helping lead the Aces to a 29-4 record and the PIAA Class AAAA state final. He was an Inquirer seccond-team all-Southeastern Pennsylvania selection.
-Rick O'Brien

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/rick-obrien/174222622.html#ixzz29PheIo6Q
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

and then

ChinonsoObokoh.jpg

Could he be Baye's replacement?

Meet Chinonso Obokoh, a 6-foot-10 shot-blocker from Rochester and a Syracuse basketball recruit

It seems that the recruits came fast and furious for a few years and laterly its been much much slower.

Looking back DC2 committed in Oct. 2011 and Ennis commited in August.

At that time there were rumours swirling that we may end up getting several more recruits in quick succession.

As that has come and gone - I'll put out a 2-part question:

1. Who is the next guy to give a verbal to 'Cuse
2. When do you think that will be?
there are certain places: Philly, DC, Oak Hill where if you're a player there, you are a player. Just look at Scoop, RJ & Hak. Johnson would seem to fit that mold.
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Awesome. Good student. Nice kid. And at 6'10 with serious springs, he can help protect the rim (and back up D. Johnson when he gets here).

BJ Johnson looks great here!

He sure does, another lefty. ESPN's Paul Biancardi said if SU doesn't get Young look for them to turn their attention to BJ Johnson. This kid is one helluva consolation prize!!!:D

I tried the video on two different servers but it kept on buffering.