Anybody attended a game yet, post-COVID? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody attended a game yet, post-COVID?

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Getting antsy, now that I’m vaccinated. Might head down to NYC soon and get to a Knicks, Rangers, Mets, or Yankees game. Or maybe more than one? I think the Dome is allowing fans for lacrosse - anyone gone yet? Some of these MLB teams look like they’ve got large crowds.

Would be interested to know any details - is it just like before, except you wear a mask? Anything else to know? Any hassles to be prepared for beforehand? I just want to get out of town and see a game while having a hot dog and a beer, again.

my neighbor and his family of 4 went to Sundays Yankee game.

he said if you are used to the new norm, it was fine.

said he thought he wouldnt like a lack of a big crowd (im the same way, love the excitement of one) but said it was a nice relaxing day at the ball park that at 1st seemed a little surreal like everyone was stuck in traffic or the subways stopped. (i had one of those games 1 time...horrible. i ended up taking the 5 and walking from the closest stop, thank god it was a saturday morning...)

the other thing was...no in the seats vendors. everything was at kiosk.

but since there was really no line...it was fine.

I've got tickets for a few upcoming MLS games.

I'll be avoiding mass transit by driving to the stadiums, the stadiums are open air, my wife's fully vaxxed and for the earliest game I'll be in the gray zone around my second shot. I'm not planning on getting food or drink in the stadium and will be masked up the whole time.

my neighbor and his family of 4 went to Sundays Yankee game.

he said if you are used to the new norm, it was fine.

said he thought he wouldnt like a lack of a big crowd (im the same way, love the excitement of one) but said it was a nice relaxing day at the ball park that at 1st seemed a little surreal like everyone was stuck in traffic or the subways stopped. (i had one of those games 1 time...horrible. i ended up taking the 5 and walking from the closest stop, thank god it was a saturday morning...)

the other thing was...no in the seats vendors. everything was at kiosk.

but since there was really no line...it was fine.
yeah, for games I really care about like Cuse at the Dome, I love the huge crowds.

But if it’s a game where I’m not as invested in and just want to see a game, I think I might even prefer the smaller crowds. No lines for the bathroom or concessions, not being squeezed in or having people walking in front of you to get out of the aisle - there’s definitely some pluses.

UMass hockey is in the natty Saturday night in Pittsburgh.

In a non-covid world I would hop in the car and drive down there tomorrow. Could make a nice weekend out of it with a Pirates game on Sunday.

Hard to justify spending the time and money, especially with inflated ticket prices because of the limited capacity, to make the trip when you’re not getting anything close to the full experience.

It’s depressing. My mental needs normalcy asap haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom