Anybody know who KenPom predicts to be Big East champion? | Syracusefan.com

Anybody know who KenPom predicts to be Big East champion?

ya know as i listened to coach boeheim talking the other night about the competition in the BE and how maybe 2 wins would separate 1st from 7th i just had the gut feeling he was telling us not to get our hopes up about winning the BE title this year. maybe i'm paranoid but i think he knows the schedules better probably than anyone and sees the sandtraps.

I think it will be Marquette just based on how the schedule plays out in front of us.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Unless we beat them

That would help but we also have GTown x2 and Lville. That's 4 real tough games of our last 6.

That would help but we also have GTown x2 and Lville. That's 4 real tough games of our last 6.

That's how we like it.

The Marquette game will basically decide the BE title (or at least as far as we are involved). Seeing we only play them once losing to them and we then need to finish a game ahead of them. We can split with Georgetown and still win the BE.

Still like our chances, since 4 of the 6 remaining games are home games...and, of course, taking into account our current home winning streak. :)

Marquette could be tripped up a few times on the road against the NIT level teams in BE conference.

Not KP (I am not on premium side), but RPIForecast uses probabilities based on Jeff Sagarin, and it predicts a 4 way tie at 13-5, between Syracuse, Louisville, Marquette, and Georgetown. Pitt ends up at 12-6.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/confs/BE.html

Marquette will lose at least another game besides the one they lose to us.

I believe that anyone who gets to 14-4 will win the thing outright . . .

Pomeroy projects a three way tie at 13-5 between Syracuse, Marquette and Louisville, with Georgetown and Pitt right behind at 12-6. However, on the individual game matchups, he has SU as a favorite to win each game down the stretch (a very slight favorite vs. Louisville, at Marquette and at Georgetown - all 1 point wins in his projections).

Bottom line: with six games left, if SU holds home court and splits on the road, we get to 14-4 and top seeds in both post season tournaments

The Hoyettes have a tough finishing slate as well ... Marquette's is the easiest of the 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom