Anyone check out the Saltine Warrior pub yet downtown? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone check out the Saltine Warrior pub yet downtown?

Recovery sports bar at Turning Stone has the sound boxes you speak of. Great idea

Smokey Bones on Route 31 has the same thing also, although I don't think that really qualifies as a sports bar.

There's like 15 TVs in a relatively small bar that is painted with a bunch of orange and blue with custom orange & blue colored booths! Is this the same bar we're talking about? Do you want the floors, walls and ceiling all painted in deep orange? You do realize how awkward that would look, right? Sure he could go all Tullys-mode and cover the walls with SU stuff... but that isn't exactly cheap, its hard to find good decorations that don't appear mass-produced and tacky, and who is looking at the walls during the games anyways!

He also opened the place just before NFL season which is a big chunk of his start-up business so he started off with a bunch of NFL stuff hanging around. Besides, that memorabilia/decor kinda stuff is built up over time, you cant expect a small business to sprout already fully decked out.

A friend of mine owns a sports memorabilia shop in Carousel - All-Star Sports. Great collection of stuff, very reasonably priced. He provided all the SU and Yankee stuff to Twin Trees Too, among other places. I've got a big framed picture of the Post-Standard cover of The Block for $50 (half off), and I got a couple plaques that he put together for the 2003 team for about $30-40 each. You could go in there for $500, talk to Bill, and I'm sure he would hook them up with some great stuff.

There's like 15 TVs in a relatively small bar that is painted with a bunch of orange and blue with custom orange & blue colored booths! Is this the same bar we're talking about? Do you want the floors, walls and ceiling all painted in deep orange? You do realize how awkward that would look, right? Sure he could go all Tullys-mode and cover the walls with SU stuff... but that isn't exactly cheap, its hard to find good decorations that don't appear mass-produced and tacky, and who is looking at the walls during the games anyways!

He also opened the place just before NFL season which is a big chunk of his start-up business so he started off with a bunch of NFL stuff hanging around. Besides, that memorabilia/decor kinda stuff is built up over time, you cant expect a small business to sprout already fully decked out.

Well, if you want to be successful, you do your best. You can do a lot of stuff with computers these days. Personally, I grabbed a bunch of photos of the 2003 team off the Internet, printed them out as 8 x 10 glossy photos and got everyone on the team to sign them at the first practice for 2003-o4. Even without the signatures, it cost about a buck a piece to print out the pix, and then you buy a $3 frame at Walmart, and you have a wall full of photos. It ain't rocket science.

Reporting live from the old mascots haunt. Lots of orange and blue painted walls window frames columns central ceiling areas. Crazy number of tvs with a monster 100+ inch big screen with awesome sound all around. Lots lots of Cuse fans and energy. Way cool circular central bar with hotties tending. Pizza and crispy wings rock just as reported, wont try anything else on this visit but the panins look average but the middle eastern specialties look intriguing. salads for the gals. Great beer selection, good vibe overall.

There's some SU stuff on the walls, not necessarily quantity but quality. Any place with a huge shot of old Archibold along with old greats and legends ED, Zonk and little amongst others including Louie and Bouie is ok by me. Go 'Cuse finish off this one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom