Anyone else feel like they named a starting qb | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else feel like they named a starting qb

Orangeman83

Walk On
Does anyone else get the the feeling that they named a starter and that's why they decided to close practice to the media? I know it's common to close practices but the "betting lines" comment that was made doesn't make sense and isn't true. Plus earlier this week with drew Allen taking snaps with first team followed by the tweet from his friend. I think we got a starter IMO.

Maybe they are already starting to put in a game plan, and don't want big mouth to tell Penn St what it is. After all Cohen has written a lot of nonsense in a very short time. The previous reporters could be trusted to not spill things happening at practice, unlike the current group.

On the plus side, all this anger and confusion about that betting justification only adds to the cloud around our preparations. I say we should cloud it up a bit more. Jerome will be our starting QB.

maybe they have a package for each one and plan to use them both? GM plans a video game approach that keeps everyone on D off balance. All this "name a starter" is maybe a bit of misdirection. BTW, PSU doesn't have a clear choice either.

Yes.

They want every advantage they can create for the Penn State game.

yes. that definitely have. I couldn't care less what Penn St. knows about who is starting who isnt starting. Just line the damn players up, best man win.

playing these games is so childish IMO.

Does anyone else get the the feeling that they named a starter and that's why they decided to close practice to the media? I know it's common to close practices but the "betting lines" comment that was made doesn't make sense and isn't true. Plus earlier this week with drew Allen taking snaps with first team followed by the tweet from his friend. I think we got a starter IMO.

what is the tweet that you are referring to?

yea allen is def the starter now, and with the game plan ready to go prob doesn't want jv sports writers to not know thier place and give away things...

There is no advantage to not naming a quarterback in my opinion. There is no meaningful film of either QB and nobody knows what offense we will run anyway. And we are going to win by ten points anyway.

There is no advantage to not naming a quarterback in my opinion. There is no meaningful film of either QB and nobody knows what offense we will run anyway. And we are going to win by ten points anyway.

Win by 10? Why the pessimism?

Line on my betting site was Cuse +8...just took that without even thinking twice.