Anyone else looking forward to see how JB handles the raised court bar stool situation in the FF? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else looking forward to see how JB handles the raised court bar stool situation in the FF?

Orangemen

All Conference
JB has the same body position about 95% of the time during games. Leaned forward on the bench, one hand resting (or not resting) against his face.

Now he's got this bar stool situation- that's not conducive to his usual sitting position- stuck up on the court in no mans land.

Will be funny to see how he awkwardly adjusts to this situation. Would love to see him go rogue and bring a normal folding chair up there. Pretty sure that's never been done before.

Those floors are dangerous. Can't stand them.
I'm not convinced they are. Minnesota has had an elevated court for years (do they still have it? I just assume so) and I don't remember hearing anything about any major injuries resulting from it.

I think it just appears dangerous, but I don't imagine there are stats backing that up, are there?

I'm not convinced they are. Minnesota has had an elevated court for years (do they still have it? I just assume so) and I don't remember hearing anything about any major injuries resulting from it.
I think it just appears dangerous, but I don't imagine there are stats backing that up, are there?
Those floors are probably why B!G basketball is so incredibly boring. It detracts athletes. No player with speed or leaping ability wants to play in that conference because they will get hurt going for loose balls. I.e. the big ten sucks Kim kardasian mooseknuckles.

And how will the wide open space of a large dome effect the outside shooting
Hopefully a poopton . A UM team that cant shoot is about as effective as me asking out Kate B, eckinsale

What's the name of that furniture store that has a couch on the court at the Dome? JB should just call them.

Ha. I am curious what JB will do. Beilein sat out on a chair while Billy D stood and paced around like normal. Lets not get carried away this these absurd court/Big 10 takes also. There is plenty of distance from the sidelines to the benches/edges. I've been on the Vanderbilt floor.

No stats, but Boeheim himself sprained his ankle after tumbling off the elevated court at Purdue (or was it Iowa) in the late-'70s.

Would rather not see a repeat of that on Saturday night.

It would make it more difficult for him to throw a chair. He would have to use an overhand motion, unlike normal floors where the chair-throwing motion is similar to his golf swing. He may be at a severe disadvantage in that respect.

Seriously? Did you guys not see the Ware injury? It looked like he came down awkwardly because he was trying to avoid having his momentum carry him off the side of the court.

They don't belong in the best basketball tournament on the planet.

And how will the wide open space of a large dome effect the outside shooting
I was thinking the same thing. Do the teams get actual practice time in there, aside from the fake 'open practice"?

Does he have to use the barstool? What or who is stopping him from putting a regular chair up there?

Seriously? Did you guys not see the Ware injury? It looked like he came down awkwardly because he was trying to avoid having his momentum carry him off the side of the court.

Jake, all due respect, but are we really blaming an insanely freak injury on what we are guessing he MIGHT have been thinking about the court at the time? Until Ware actually says "yeah I was afraid of falling off the raised court" this is nothing but assumption and conjecture and the fact remains that "raised courts = injury" remains unfounded.

I think the raised courts are freaking stupid and don't belong, but come on. There's no foundation, at this point, for pinning an historically horrific injury on them.

that has been said a few times...

now i havent gotten myself to watch the replay - but correct me if im wrong, it happened on the actual court... which is like 10 feet from the drop off. not sure how that is possible that he was already worried about going off of it.

im not sure the court had much to do with it...

Kevin-Ware-injury.jpg

I thought the same thing the 1 time I saw it, but refuse to watch the replay...Why isn't this being suggested other places?

I thought the same thing the 1 time I saw it, but refuse to watch the replay...Why isn't this being suggested other places?
Because it's BS.

Coach K looked very awkward sitting on his barstool last night vs. the Ville

Pitino never used a barstool he was on the court more then off

I just watched the replay again, and some if you are right...there's a color change of the court that makes it look like the drop off, but its actually about five feet further away. Probably had nothing to do with the injury...but they still should be banished. They do nothing but raise the potential for injury.