Anyone else think .. | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else think ..

Guinness

Living Legend
melo was going to get called for basket interference on that last basket? He normally does not get the benefit of the doubt on those.

melo was going to get called for basket interference on that last basket? He normally does not get the benefit of the doubt on those.

Nope.

To paraphrase a famous recent sports quote: " looked good..."

No, never worried. I did think UConn got away with a couple defensive, and one offensive a minute or two before the Melo play - although I would need a replay to know for sure. It was hard to tell in full speed. A couple of our guys reacted though after the play, so I'm thinking he did get away with it.

I don't think his was a goaltend. They showed a replay from up top. I think it may have been the bucket just before that by UConn where Drummond got a way with a put back goaltend. Their where a lot of close calls at the end though that could have gone either way especially with fouls.

wasnt close. It clearly came off the rim. Good shot with the over the rim cam.

If you watch it again, you will also see Drummonds hand touching the rim as Melo was dunking. It could have been called on Drummond as well. But I thought it was off the rim.

looked good all the way to me. Drummond had some closer ones. As jb says if your going to call it, call it the same both ways.

What is the rule on basket interference?

Does the ball have to be completely outside the cylinder? That cant be the case because all tip-ins seem to be above the rim when at least some of the ball inside the cylinder...

both drummond and melo had offensive goal tends the last couple minutes. even.

The ball has to be completely out of the cylinder to touch the ball. I watched the Drummond replay and the ball was clearly in the cylinder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom