Anyone else think | Syracusefan.com

Anyone else think

T

tee1222

that Cooney plays better defense when Buss is on the floor? I know he was only credited for one steal, but he seems more active, more chance to trap as Patterson is constantly trying to pressure the ball, leaving Cooney a chance to double up the ball handler.

I'm not trying to beat on Kaleb with this post. Just seems like the old ways, when MCW and Triche were at the top of the key. Triche didn't have to be super tall, long etc to rotate quickly, close out on the perimeter players. I think that Kaleb has a long way to go in that respect, but for now, I'm starting to like seeing Ron and Trevor on the court together.

It's instant energy on defense when Buss comes in. Now, if he can get consistent with that shot. :)

that Cooney plays better defense when Buss is on the floor? I know he was only credited for one steal, but he seems more active, more chance to trap as Patterson is constantly trying to pressure the ball, leaving Cooney a chance to double up the ball handler.

I'm not trying to beat on Kaleb with this post. Just seems like the old ways, when MCW and Triche were at the top of the key. Triche didn't have to be super tall, long etc to rotate quickly, close out on the perimeter players. I think that Kaleb has a long way to go in that respect, but for now, I'm starting to like seeing Ron and Trevor on the court together.

It's instant energy on defense when Buss comes in. Now, if he can get consistent with that shot. :)

Or at least consistent with not taking it.

I think you're right. I think it becomes two guys working well off each other. When your counterpart is doing his job, it makes it easier to do yours. I think when Kaleb is in, Trevor has to pick up the slack. When Buss is in, Trevor is able to relax and read thinsg better...get in the passing lanes and be more distruptive.

I hate to say this, but Kaleb has gotten lazy out there. Between him never putting his hands up and being very slow on closeouts, it is very frustrating to watch. JB has noticed and that's why he's been riding the pine.

I am worried that Kaleb will wet his pants the first minute of the Duke game. He seems so lost and scared out there. It evokes my compassion rather than my ire, but the same could not - and should not - be said of our coach.

This is totally off thread: Gerry is growing a beard!

I am worried that Kaleb will wet his pants the first minute of the Duke game. He seems so lost and scared out there. It evokes my compassion rather than my ire, but the same could not - and should not - be said of our coach.

This is totally off thread: Gerry is growing a beard!

Maybe Kaleb also could benefit from the Xanax someone said Cooney could use earlier in the year. With that level of anxiety, he'd need a lot though!

well, he plays a lot more defense when buss is on the floor taking quick ill advised 3s

Not me - fire away, Mr. Patterson. I'm starting to get some enjoyment out of he and BJ's struggles. I'm almost at the point where I root for them to make a shot more than the team itself! :). J/K

To the OP's point, I do agree, the defense does improve tremendously with RP in there. The close outs and rotations are much quicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom