Anyone need more evidence that the NCAA is arbitrary and capricious? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone need more evidence that the NCAA is arbitrary and capricious?

...in their enforcement of rules and how the impose penalties for compliance violations?

In similar NCAA case to Syracuse, Cal State-Northridge coach not responsible for academic misconduct

I had a hard time with the Article. Does it really show that the NCAA enforced its rules inconsistently? It's not as simple as the Director of Basketball Operations was implicated in academic fraud so the coach should or should not be held responsible. I think the question really is what were each coaches' actions in supervising those individuals.

On one hand the NCAA found that JB did not rebut the presumption that he is responsible for the actions of his staff. On the other hand the NCAA found that Theus did rebut that presumption.

I don't think it really gets into what specific actions were found to have been taken by either coach in order that they should be determined to have rebutted or not rebutted said presumption.

I had a hard time with the Article. Does it really show that the NCAA enforced its rules inconsistently? It's not as simple as the Director of Basketball Operations was implicated in academic fraud so the coach should or should not be held responsible. I think the question really is what were each coaches' actions in supervising those individuals.

On one hand the NCAA found that JB did not rebut the presumption that he is responsible for the actions of his staff. On the other hand the NCAA found that Theus did rebut that presumption.

I don't think it really gets into what specific actions were found to have been taken by either coach in order that they should be determined to have rebutted or not rebutted said presumption.

We fired the academic support coordinator. We kicked the primary offender [Fab] out of school.

Yes, that shows that the NCAA enforced its rules inconsistently if they feel like SU's response did not rebut the presumption that the coach is responsible for the actions, given that we TOOK swift action to address the situation.

It was a witch hunt. What I can't wait for is someone to sue the ncaa

Ms. Cartwright looks like she has learned at the feet of Kellyanne. I hate these .

You don't think Coach Bill Fuller would break the rules, do you?
'Hang Time': A teen sports sitcom that was terrible in every way

hang-time-bill-fuller.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom