Anyone read Play Their Hearts Out? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone read Play Their Hearts Out?

ClamOtto

2nd String
Anybody ever read a book called Play Their Hearts Out by George Dohrman? It's about AAU basketball. Admittedly I'm not too far into it yet but there's a part in which an 11-year old Peyton Siva plays against a team that presses the whole game and tries to run up the score. Siva ends up getting the ball stolen so much he breaks down in tears. Thought that was kind of ironic given Louisville's style. I also wouldn't mind driving him to tears tonight.

I actually just started reading it at work last night. I'm about 60 or 70 pages in, really good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like the story of my sons teams.. lucky for him the jv coaches in the league dont realize how bad the guards are and only press part of the games.

Anybody ever read a book called Play Their Hearts Out by George Dohrman? It's about AAU basketball. Admittedly I'm not too far into it yet but there's a part in which an 11-year old Peyton Siva plays against a team that presses the whole game and tries to run up the score. Siva ends up getting the ball stolen so much he breaks down in tears. Thought that was kind of ironic given Louisville's style. I also wouldn't mind driving him to tears tonight.

I read it. Great book and a very good insight into what it's really like for these kids. The story, itself, is sad. But the more glaring learning to take away is this is really how the system is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom