Anyone Seen Howard Washington Practicing? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone Seen Howard Washington Practicing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the problems with H Wash for the immediate SU teams are that SU needs some decent scoring from the pg spot. HW is not a scorer.

SU centers are not scoring much and probably won't for a couple of years - under 10 ppg. Can't have 2 non-scoring positions on the floor at the same time, it is just too limited. So yes, SU needs better ball handling but not at the expense of some offensive output.

Wow!

The point, I suspect Zelda was trying to make is that just because you are successful doesn't mean you are any good.

But instead of actually trying to make that case he veered off into a strange argument about the connection of hamburger quality and McDonald's selling billions of them. Just because they sell a lot of them doesn't mean the hamburgers are any good.

It's a terrible analogy. it doesn't work even a little bit.

As anyone should know, the success of McDonalds in selling billions is more tied to the fact that their customer base I see quite happy gobbling that crap down doesn't care about quality as long as the food is cheap and has lots of fat and salt in it.

So McDonald's is successful because they understand what customers want and what they don't care about.
McDonald's success is about convenience, brand (kids meals, etc), and location.

McDonald's success is about convenience, brand (kids meals, etc), and location.

Yeah, pretty standard and has been for decades.

They aren’t trying to reinvent the Golden Arches.

Calhoun once said JB was the best. In some ways, he is a victim of his greatness. He wins with mediocre talent which he puts in position to succeed and it makes the players appear to be better than they are, which creates unreasonable expectations from fans.
I’ve watched the video of Calhoun talking about JB’s brilliance as a basketball coach. Majerus was also widely considered in the profession to be a brilliant coaching mind. So those two raving about JB should make some of the JB critics stand up and pay attention. Nobody’s perfect—and that includes JB—but he’s def one of the best to ever do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom