Anyone seen post game presser? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone seen post game presser?

Toga

Living Legend
One account has JB sticking it to the naysayers and pointing out that SU's worst losses came when he wasn't coaching. I was uncomfortable when he said something similar a little while ago and if he said it again under the national spotlight, then I think it reflects very poorly on him. He's already in the HOF - does he need to pat himself on the back? Is this designed to make your devoted and loyal HCIW feel like a POS? Even if his belief is the reality, it is a bad look if the report is accurate.

Yeah, didn't hear him mention anything about any of the losses in the post game.
He did have a funny comment about how "Anybody who didn't think Syracuse belonged in the tourney doesn't know anything about college basketball. They're just trying to be cute"
He also talked a lot about scouting and preparing for MSU - oops, better switch gears on that!
As I was listening, I thought it was pretty presumptive that MSU was going to win before the game even started.

Toga said:
One account has JB sticking it to the naysayers and pointing out that SU's worst losses came when he wasn't coaching. I was uncomfortable when he said something similar a little while ago and if he said it again under the national spotlight, then I think it reflects very poorly on him. He's already in the HOF - does he need to pat himself on the back? Is this designed to make your devoted and loyal HCIW feel like a POS? Even if his belief is the reality, it is a bad look if the report is accurate.

He's a lot easier to understand if you believe he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Being right is more important than people's feelings.

Funny thing is - he's right a lot.

Yeah, didn't hear him mention anything about any of the losses in the post game.
He did have a funny comment about how "Anybody who didn't think Syracuse belonged in the tourney doesn't know anything about college basketball. They're just trying to be cute"
He also talked a lot about scouting and preparing for MSU - oops, better switch gears on that!
As I was listening, I thought it was pretty presumptive that MSU was going to win before the game even started.

I wonder if that will have any effect on either teams being more or less prepared? He did say one assistant coach had already done all of the preparation/scouting for MSU. I wonder if MT already did that level of work on both possible opponents?

Also noticed how the question of not being in tournament was asked to his players, but he aggressively cut them off before they could answer.

I didnt wach the Dayton presser, but I wonder if anyone asked them about SU's rebounding like was asked of that one player earlier? ;)

Here we go again, that video not available in my Country :bang: However, I was able to watch it on cuse.com

I also watched the Dayton presser. Coach Miller and the players did say that our rebounding, in particular Roberson, was probably one of the main differences in the game.

JB typically tones down the snark when addressing the national media.

JB typically tones down the snark when addressing the national media.

I was more impressed with this one than the ACC tournament one. JB shut that one down fast, and they didn't seem to have many questions for him, and/or were rattled into submission. I'm guessing the pool of reporters must have been smaller than both regular games and this one? Maybe I was just expecting too much.

I was more impressed with this one than the ACC tournament one. JB shut that one down fast, and they didn't seem to have many questions for him, and/or were rattled into submission. I'm guessing the pool of reporters must have been smaller than both regular games and this one? Maybe I was just expecting too much.
Well, he's in better moods after wins

http://syracusefan.com/threads/dayton-postgame-articles-and-videos.102059/#post-1697377 ?

I get all over JB when he acts like a doofus in the press conferences, but this thread has it all wrong. He was defending the team being selected and was not at all taking shots at Hop in talking about the losses being when he was out.

as for talking about preparing for Michigan State, he was asked a question about preparing for Michigan State. He answered it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom