Anyone sit in or near Section 411 yesterday? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone sit in or near Section 411 yesterday?

Eric15

Living Legend
There was an SU fan about 10 rows behind us that was just mercilessly and obnoxiously negative towards MCW. Literally everytime Mike touched the ball (despite the fact he had almost half our points) in the entire game he started screaming "pass the ball!", "you're a bum", "I hate you", etc. in this shrill voice at the top of his lungs.

Just curious if this douche got under anyone else's skin.

This sounds like the 15-20 students that sat near me at the Depaul game. The students near me had a bunch of gems that night: "Boeheim should retire", "Lord & Taylor" chants, "Pass the ball", "MCW is horrible", "Good luck getting drafted", "Triche is terrible", and they literally yelled at Christmas over and over again (they wanted DaJuan in).

Half of the students are either talking to each other, on their phones, going in and out of the aisle 30 times a game, or all of the above. On top of all that, most of the students know next to nothing about basketball. It really is a good time in general.

The negativity towards MCW is so ridiculous. Hes forced to run pick n roll with a barely D-1 talent in Keita and his backcourt mate is "currently" one of the worst players in college basketball.

The negativity towards MCW is so ridiculous. Hes forced to run pick n roll with a barely D-1 talent in Keita and his backcourt mate is "currently" one of the worst players in college basketball.
I was on MCW a bit earlier in the year, but he's playing so much better than he was a month ago, what other players on our team can say that? Fair and Rak maybe (Fair's been pretty consistent though), but that's it.

I just wish MCW was a little stronger with the ball in the early minutes yesterday. But he was not the issue yesterday

Is the negativity from the students personal (i.e. maybe he's not a nice guy) or due to performance?

Is the negativity from the students personal (i.e. maybe he's not a nice guy) or due to performance?

I don't think it has anything to do with not being a nice guy. I've seen MCW about 10-15 different times. He was at almost every football game last season, always talked to people, always smiling and having a good time.

It definitely has to do with his play, but the thing is that his play isn't that bad at all. And personally attacking someone over and over again, is completely immature and ignorant. People are angry in general about losing, and they pick people that 'caused' the loss and go to town.

take away MCW's 2 dumb turnovers a game where he gets ripped (which i admit should be unacceptable at this level) what does he really do wrong? do you think he forces too many shots? who do you want him to pass to? he probably feels he has to create something because maybe he does. he has been our best player, along with CJ the last month

There was an SU fan about 10 rows behind us that was just mercilessly and obnoxiously negative towards MCW. Literally everytime Mike touched the ball (despite the fact he had almost half our points) in the entire game he started screaming "pass the ball!", "you're a bum", "I hate you", etc. in this shrill voice at the top of his lungs.

Just curious if this douche got under anyone else's skin.
Wasn't there but this kind of thing happens all too often in the Dome. I'll never get this. Scream at the refs, scream at the opposing coach, scream at the opposing team (within reason) but at your own team? And this isn't the pros - they're college kids, representing your university and/or city. At the Depaul game there was guy behind me (not the usual seat-holder) shouting nasty things at our players all night, including one vaguely racist reference to Keita's African heritage. And this is when we're up by 20! You're a grown man or woman screaming at a bunch of college kids with 1000x more talent than you. And the players can't even hear you, so mostly you're just ruining the experience for everyone around you. Just stay home and scream at your TV. Please.