Anyone want to revise their Iggy award prediction for the regular season? | Syracusefan.com

Anyone want to revise their Iggy award prediction for the regular season?

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Seems like most people predicted one or two out of conference losses but now are very upset that we lost to Temple. We absolutely should have won that and gone undefeated in OOC (assuming we win the next two). I still feel pretty good about the team and this season and think the Temple loss will be an eye opener for everyone.

Our offense was a bit subpar. However, the difference maker was Temple's offense. We are a zone team and as such we are always vulnerable to a hot 3 point shooting team. It was a freak loss, but one that we are always vulnerable to. Doesn't happen very often but it happens.

Fortunately, a low scoring team like Georgetown has no chance of beating us.

The story of the game came down to free throws. MCW was 7-15 and Triche was 2-4. For Temple, Anthony Lee was 11-14 (63% on the year going into the game) and Wyatt was 15-15 (77%). That's how I look at this game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Seems like most people predicted one or two out of conference losses but now are very upset that we lost to Temple. We absolutely should have won that and gone undefeated in OOC (assuming we win the next two). I still feel pretty good about the team and this season and think the Temple loss will be an eye opener for everyone.
Nope.. I assumed we'd have a brainfart OOC loss in the beginning of the season. This was it.

The story of the game came down to free throws. MCW was 7-15 and Triche was 2-4. For Temple, Anthony Lee was 11-14 (63% on the year going into the game) and Wyatt was 15-15 (77%). That's how I look at this game. Nothing more, nothing less.
No question that the free throws cost us the game, but no one is talking about the fact that we only had ten assists on 29 baskets. We know Temple took MCW out of his game and that cost us the game just as much if not more than the free throws.