Apparently Jimmy is really excited about this year' team | Syracusefan.com

Apparently Jimmy is really excited about this year' team

CaliCuse

All American
He sees to think its one of his best ever. He obviously is in a position to judge that fact and depth is unquestionable . With Rick gone the guys will be concentrating hard on rebounding which is more than half the battle for that play. We have the kids that can elevate and bring it down. The next part is releasing to the right player and get the running game in gear. With Joseph and Air-Fair I see plenty of crowd standing cheers and Sports Center highlights.;)

If Jimmy B is excited then we should all be ecstatic!

Yes, I do recall he was pretty high on the '03 team as well. I remember being surprised, because usually pre-season he is all about dampening down expectations. Or during the season! Someone wrote on another thread that he would really like another title before he retires. (I know it seems obvious, because what coach wouldn't, but...) If Boeheim has that intention in his subconscious, I would say college basketball better watch out! Besides, it's in New Orleans again.

If he's excited about this year's team he shouldbe apoplectic(sp?) about the possibilities of next year's squad. We lose KJo and Scoop ... that's it (altho pretty big losses) ... Waiters moves in and CJ is backed up by Grant. Now add (possibly) DC2 and Noel? Phew.

more depth than we have ever been blessed with...now, can JB and coaches figure out how to use this talent to bring home the NC...the pieces are there...now putting them together for the WIN is his challenge!

I believe he was pretty positive about our 09 squad as well.