Apparently Maryland and Rutgirls to B1G is Real Possibility | Syracusefan.com

Apparently Maryland and Rutgirls to B1G is Real Possibility

arbitragegls

All Conference
Here is latest article from ESPN...indicating this may be a real possibility...expansion rears its ugly head again...

The University of Maryland is in serious negotiations to join the Big Ten Conference, sources told ESPN.com on Saturday.

If Maryland goes to the Big Ten, Rutgers of the Big East is expected to follow suit. The addition of Maryland and Rutgers would give the Big Ten 14 members as the league gears toward negotiations on a new media rights deal when its first-tier rights expire in 2017.

No date has been set for an potential announcement, though it could come as soon as Monday.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...hts-talks-join-big-ten-conference-sources-say

Does your source have any input you can share? This just doesn't make any sense to me. What does the B1G get out of this?

Does your source have any input you can share? This just doesn't make any sense to me. What does the B1G get out of this?
Gets supposed extension into NYC primarily and middle atlantic...adds HHs for BTN...which is about $.80/month/hh
--supposedly will have something to add later tonight or tomorrow...

I get that, but it certainly seems to water down the product, IMO.

CBSsports.com is also indicating talks are advanced and site additional sources.

if maryland is gonna bolt the acc to the big 10 then i would entice penn state to come to the acc...

if maryland is gonna bolt the acc to the big 10 then i would entice penn state to come to the acc...
If my girlfriend dumps me I'll entice Kate Upton to replace her... sometimes the execution is harder than finding the perfect plan.

So much for separating ourselves from Rutgers and UConn. Not surprised. But we didn't even get one year in the ACC.

This could end badly for us with access to NYC TV sets...lets see how it plays out

UConn and Louisville look like Option 1...Cincy would be a darkhorse

Why would Maryland leave the ACC for the Big 10? They must be scared of us...LOL. If this does happen hopefully they will change the name of the Comfrence. The Big 10 is stupid if you have 14 teams in the Confrence.

People need to chill. What happens, happens. We're still going to be in a better place than we were, by leaps and bounds. And in Marrone we trust, dollars or not.

What does make me laugh is that all this kvetching about disgruntled schools searching for greener pastures seems driven by one basic cause: state schools who cannot manage their athletic budgets and constantly need to grasp for more revenue. Hire an accountant, guys.

People need to chill. What happens, happens. We're still going to be in a better place than we were, by leaps and bounds. And in Marrone we trust, dollars or not.

What does make me laugh is that all this kvetching about disgruntled schools searching for greener pastures seems driven by one basic cause: state schools who cannot manage their athletic budgets and constantly need to grasp for more revenue. Hire an accountant, guys.
Agreed, to a point. But if this tips the dominoes and FSU and Clempson flee to the Big XII, what is left, FB-wise? Not a lot.

Agreed, to a point. But if this tips the dominoes and FSU and Clempson flee to the Big XII, what is left, FB-wise? Not a lot.
You'd have ND and Cuse!