Apple TV/Ethernet extender? | Syracusefan.com

Apple TV/Ethernet extender?

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Has anybody used an Ethernet extender such as the one I linked to help out with Apple TV or any other streaming service? I have a second Apple TV unit and it is probably too far from the Gateway as occasionally the WiFi signal lags or freezes when watching my DirectvNow. It’s too complicated and far to run another cable directly from the Gateway through the walls/floor and there are too many nooks and obstructions with the design of the home. The main unit downstairs receiving the cable directly from the Gateway to the AppleTV is perfect and never lags. Thoughts? Thanks!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgea...AGmD5n4a9o71N55njngaAqnwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Has anybody used an Ethernet extender such as the one I linked to help out with Apple TV or any other streaming service? I have a second Apple TV unit and it is probably too far from the Gateway as occasionally the WiFi signal lags or freezes when watching my DirectvNow. It’s too complicated and far to run another cable directly from the Gateway through the walls/floor and there are too many nooks and obstructions with the design of the home. The main unit downstairs receiving the cable directly from the Gateway to the AppleTV is perfect and never lags. Thoughts? Thanks!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgea...AGmD5n4a9o71N55njngaAqnwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have one of those in my garage for internet access, it works fine for that. I have not tried it with directv Now. I have my apple TV 4k hard wired into my internet for my Direvtv Now account. I also use a Firetv and a Roku both are via wifi. I know not much help but I was surprised to see someone else using directv now...

I have one of those in my garage for internet access, it works fine for that. I have not tried it with directv Now. I have my apple TV 4k hard wired into my internet for my Direvtv Now account. I also use a Firetv and a Roku both are via wifi. I know not much help but I was surprised to see someone else using directv now...

Yeah, my hard wired DirectvNow/Apple TV downstairs is awesome. Also 4K. It was a free Apple TV if you prepaid like four months in advance for the DirectvNow subscription. No brainer since the AppleTV 4K costs around $179! iJust need to fix the issue I mentioned. The reviews seem to say that device will work well.

I have several of these different things to get internet to devices that dont wifi ability.

Yeah, my hard wired DirectvNow/Apple TV downstairs is awesome. Also 4K. It was a free Apple TV if you prepaid like four months in advance for the DirectvNow subscription. No brainer since the AppleTV 4K costs around $179! iJust need to fix the issue I mentioned. The reviews seem to say that device will work well.
That would work for us. We have Apple TV (HD) upstairs and our TV is HD. Downstairs we have a bigger 4k TV that doesn't have AppleTV on it. The new 4k one would work perfectly, and we could stream SU on there from WatchESPN.

That would work for us. We have Apple TV (HD) upstairs and our TV is HD. Downstairs we have a bigger 4k TV that doesn't have AppleTV on it. The new 4k one would work perfectly, and we could stream SU on there from WatchESPN.

Yeah no problem with SU related stuff. Just curious about that Ethernet extender unit thing. Seems like that would solve the issues with the Wi-Fi signal occasionally not being strong enough for the Apple TV 4K unit upstairs running off of just Wi-Fi. The downstairs hard wired AppleTV 4K is fine. It’s really only an issue when I launch the DirectvNow on the upstairs AppleTV 4K and certain apps.

I think no matter what - it'll still lag on occasion. Whether that is because of the internet you're receiving, the connection between your router and the extender, or what have you.

However these range extenders do work. I've used one similarly before

I think no matter what - it'll still lag on occasion. Whether that is because of the internet you're receiving, the connection between your router and the extender, or what have you.

However these range extenders do work. I've used one similarly before

Hmmm. It’s just that AppleTV unit. Internet Wi-Fi upstairs is really fast on any iPad or device. Even the Smart TV upstairs shows full signal strength when you turn it on.

just run the cord through all your rooms to the apple tv. Dont worry about hiding it behind walls. be proud of the blue cord.

Any other thoughts on this? I'm looking into a dual-band extender. We moved the cable modem from the top floor to the first floor, but it's still on the far southern wall. Works great now for the xBox located directly below it, but not great coverage in my bedroom, far northern part of the house, or even the kitchen.

Was thinking of something like this - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgea...-range-extender-white/3055085.p?skuId=3055085

Any other thoughts on this? I'm looking into a dual-band extender. We moved the cable modem from the top floor to the first floor, but it's still on the far southern wall. Works great now for the xBox located directly below it, but not great coverage in my bedroom, far northern part of the house, or even the kitchen.

Was thinking of something like this - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgea...-range-extender-white/3055085.p?skuId=3055085

Did you end up getting it? I haven’t done anything yet. The upstairs Apple TV furthest from the Gateway usually is fine it is just the random unpredictable times when it lags. Almost always it is when steaming my DirecTVNow and not any of the other apps on the AppleTV.

Did you end up getting it? I haven’t done anything yet. The upstairs Apple TV furthest from the Gateway usually is fine it is just the random unpredictable times when it lags. Almost always it is when steaming my DirecTVNow and not any of the other apps on the AppleTV.
I've done nothing. I really need to...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom