APR - here's what will happen | Syracusefan.com

APR - here's what will happen

Timonen

All Conference
If multiple teams that people care about get knocked by the APR rules and are forced to miss the tourney, they will change the APR rules. The ncaa can't afford any additional erosion in interest...and knocking the top teams (the ones sending folks to the NBA, typically) based on graduation is only going to make fans and advertisers say "f it."

If we learned anything this week, it's that offseason NFL news can very easily bury what should be the most interesting part of the tournament (lots of teams left and all good games in big cities on the agenda).

I don't know a thing about how we're set to fit/not fit within these standards over the next few years...but my hunch is that it will be a non-issue based on a need to have teams like SU/uconn/UK, etc in teh dance.

I think well be fine regardless...but iagree with you that this will probably happen

It is amazing to me this time of year that here in Houston, they don't spend more than 5% of their air time on the NCAA Tourney on sports radio. It was slightly more last year, and the Final Four was here. Maybe it is specific to Texas or that the nearest credible college bball team is 200 miles away. If the Cougars are doing well, they will up the coverage slightly. But generally speaking, if a plague of locusts was decending on the city and hell-fire was bubbling up out of the bayous, 92% of radio callers would still rather talk about the Texan's third string linebackers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom