Are any of our future recruits stretch forward types? | Syracusefan.com

Are any of our future recruits stretch forward types?

Alsacs

Living Legend
I am not giving up on this season at all. I am just wondering if we have any Andy Rautins/James Southerland type forwards who can stretch defenses and hit 3 pt shots. One of the offensive problems I feel this season is that we only have 1 player Trevor Cooney who can stretch defenses. We need a guard and a forward who can shoot the 3 ball and stretch defenses to have a good college offense.

Note this isn't an indictment on C.J. Fair or Jerami Grant I wish that both could play another 4 years as they have been a leaders, but both of our forwards really execute best instead of the arc and that allows defenses to clog the middle on us.

EastCoast2 said:
Google Chris McCullough and Tyler Lyndon

McCullough isn't a good shooter.

Lyndon may become a good shooter.

With Fair graduating, we're gonna be hurting for perimeter offense from our forwards next year.

There are freshmen on this team sitting on the pine who supposedly have these attributes.

BJ Johnson. Took a lot of threes in the preseason which says he is confident, unfortunately he didn't make many. Should be a weapon for us next year. Most observers and fans think he can be the outside shooter that Southerland was.

BJ Johnson. Took a lot of threes in the preseason which says he is confident, unfortunately he didn't make many. Should be a weapon for us next year. Most observers and fans think he can be the outside shooter that Southerland was.

BJ can be a good player but he's not a stretch forward... A stretch forward is a pick and pop guy, not a pure 3 IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom