Are back spasms the cause of BT's sketchy shooting? | Syracusefan.com

Are back spasms the cause of BT's sketchy shooting?

According to this PS article, they just might be

I knew he had some back issues previously but hadn't heard he was having problems this year. Could explain a lot...
I think a big part is that he is rushing shots and not being set. When he squares up he has a decent chance at making the shot. Otherwise, no chance. Maybe it could affect his ability to drive, but I really wouldn't think so.

I remember when Kris had an injury no one was told about. This could be the same situation. I can certainly see how a back injury would impact trajectory, velocity, etc.

I think the problem with brandon's outside shot is that when he releases the ball, the trajectory and/or velocity of the shot are not such that the ball will go in the rim.
Nah. Theres always the proper way to shoot and then there is the way it feels comfortable to you. Thats gotta be one of the biggest misconceptions. Its like hands on a steering wheel, people do it differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

his been grabbing his back for years...lower back problems is a very common bball injury.

Well I'm rooting for the kid and hope if his back is the problem that it's finally better. But it's good to hear that he's in the gym after practice getting all those shots up until he gets everything more consistent. All you can ask for is effort.

I think it's a confidence issue. JB has said for a long time that he doesn't know how good he is and how good he can be. His facial expression and body language often reflect that statement to the point where I wonder if he even likes playing basketball. Maybe he's just burnt out after all these years of expectations being Howard Triche's son and being expected to be a basketball player?

I think it's a confidence issue. JB has said for a long time that he doesn't know how good he is and how good he can be. His facial expression and body language often reflect that statement to the point where I wonder if he even likes playing basketball. Maybe he's just burnt out after all these years of expectations being Howard Triche's son and being expected to be a basketball player?
ive been saying he has a confidence issue his whole career. i'm glad jb actually came out publically for once and verified it. but if the back problems are true it would justify his regression.

ive been saying he has a confidence issue his whole career. i'm glad jb actually came out publically for once and verified it. but if the back problems are true it would justify his regression.

I think he'll be relieved when this season is over and he doesn't have to play basketball anymore but thats just my opinion with no inside knowledge of anything.

I'm going to bump this thead cause those back spasms must be getting worse and not better.

Maybe it explains the shooting. Would be nice to be able to explain the terrible ball handling and passing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2