Are CCGs even worth it? | Syracusefan.com

Are CCGs even worth it?

K

kingottoiii

First it risks a highly ranked team losing to a lessor ranked team and preventing the league from sending a team to the NCG. Second if it really is >$50M per team for the B1G to expanded, isn't that a lot more $ than the $20 million they get for the BTCG? If they expand to 16 that will be $1.25M per team. If this is all about money wouldn't the option be to expand past 16?

Which means there really would be no limit to how large they could grow. At that point there would be no restriction to a 20 or even 24 team league. With 20 teams you can have 4 divisions where you play those mates every year (4 games). Then you can play an entire division from the other 3. So you play those teams once in three years, which keeps some semblance of a real conference. That brings you to 9 conference games. The conference champ is the highest ranked team. Also this makes it easier for the B1G to get two teams into the playoff. They could in theory have two undefeated teams in one year.

This would seem crazy but is it any crazier than expanding with MD and RU? If the B1G is really heading toward domination of the entire country then I could see them going after any number of Miami, GA Tech, UNC and/or Duke, UVA, UConn, BC, SU, ND, Mizzou, KU, Oklahoma, and Texas.

I've always disliked them...I want the best two teams to play if they feel the need for a cash cow game but I would by far rather have the top team (1 division) just go on to a national playoff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom