Are my two Duke friends in danger? | Syracusefan.com

Are my two Duke friends in danger?

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Their daughter bought them tickets to the game, so they're going to be sitting in 311 in full Duke regalia. They have lived up here for 25 years, but had season tickets for Duke bball when they lived in Durham. I am feeling just a teensy bit worried about them.

Their daughter bought them tickets to the game, so they're going to be sitting in 311 in full Duke regalia. They have lived up here for 25 years, but had season tickets for Duke bball when they lived in Durham. I am feeling just a teensy bit worried about them.
I'm in 311 and I had a Duke couple in front of me last year. They were pretty cool so there were no issues. If your friends are cool then they should have no problems as well.

@

yes they are, only because I will now be hunting for duke fans in 311

thanks for letting me know where they will be

@

Nah. This is Syracuse, not Pittsburgh. I used to go to Penn State games in the Dome with my Dad wearing his Penn State shirt and my younger brothers wearing Penn State football uniforms. Never a problem. Now if your friends were going to a Duke game at Rupp Arena then I'd fear for them.

Last year my two step sons, who are major Duke fans kdjnd#^8n;jweu!!! thought they had a line on two tickets in the student section. Indicated their intent to wear Duke gear and actively cheer. Fortunately the tickets fell through.

Last year my two step sons, who are major Duke fans kdjnd#^8n;jweu!!! thought they had a line on two tickets in the student section. Indicated their intent to wear Duke gear and actively cheer. Fortunately the tickets fell through.
That is good, because otherwise, they would be dead now.

Toga said:

I thought you needed an SU student ID to get into the student section. But yeah after the incident with the group of Georgetown students next to the student section it was probably for the best.

Honestly, it might be a little uncomfortable at times. Evening game + "event" game = some amateurs who act badly. Throw in the wild card of our mediocre season and thousands of inexpensive seats on Stubhub and there could be some cretins in the house.

Shouldn't be so bad around season ticket-holders in 311, of course.

its just an exhibition.

dont think anyone will care.

trouble generally finds only those who actively seek it. i've only been involved in one ugly skirmish and tennessee definitely started it. they may get teased a little but in my experiences visitors are always welcome as long as they're respectful. hope they have a great time!

311? If things start getting bad, just tell them to strip down to their underwear. It's a proven defense mechanism.

LOL, and don't forget the uncontrollable crying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom