Are some of us not paying attention | Syracusefan.com

Are some of us not paying attention

20Plus

I know the defense of Toledo is not the best measuring stick. However some of the moves that we saw and the finesse body control athleticism and skill are really a great sign of things to come.

Howard's release and touch.

Brissett and his size and ability to drive and body control is VERY rare and impressive.

And how about Mr. Sidibe and that up and under.

I also believe with Frank shooting well, Tyus, Thorpe, and Brissett that's four three point shooters.

I think we can be just fine on offense and our defense is very encouraging. What is even more encouraging is are rebounding, steals and shot blocking!

LFGO!

Last edited by a moderator:

I know the defense of Toledo is not the best measuring stick. However some of the moves that we saw and the finesse body control athleticism and skill are really a great sign of things to come.

Howard's release and touch.

Brissett and his size and ability to drive and body control is VERY rare and impressive.

And how about Mr. Sidibe and that up and under.

I also believe with Frank shooting well, Tyus, Thorpe, and Brissett that's four three point shooters.

I think we can be just fine on offense and our defense is very encouraging. What is even more encouraging is are rebounding, steals and shot blocking!

LFGO!
LFGO? Saucy!

Brissetts shooting percentages are pretty poor. He need a to improve quite a bit.
Percentages are low now but I think they will climb up. When he knows what's a good shot and picks spots the defense is going to be giving him this shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saucy

I spilled some sauce(Mole) about 30 minutes ago while trying to find room to fit beer into my fridge(It was quite a mess, and delayed me getting to here...it just really flew all over in an uncontrollable frenzy). It's amazing that I could still find a liquor store open at that hour, to provide me the Everclear to help formulate my latest concoction, that you all may get to witness the results as it formulates into futher concoctions. So I have no idea what the Special sauce y'all are going on about was, but I surely can share some of mine in a bit, as long as I am not ****ed.

Brissetts shooting percentages are pretty poor. He need a to improve quite a bit.
he's 6/19 from three. frank is 7/19. in other words, he's one make away from being a 37% shooter from three. the sample size is too small to say much of anything about 3 pt shooting.

the twos, on the other hand, are beginning to be concerning. its a bigger sample - nearly 2x the attempts - and he's only hitting 35% he has to get better there.

but my biggest concern as far as shooting goes right now is the bigs' ft shooting. boo & choo are a combined 5/20 from the stripe. the main culprit here right now is sidibe (4/16), but they are leaving a lot of points on the table and if they don't improve then teams are just going to foul them. this will kill us in close games that become ft shooting contests as we won't be able to have our shotblockers in the game for fear of empty possessions at the other end

Just got to wait and see. Kansas and Maryland bigs are looming as well as UConn M2M D. As per usual, I worry about the offense in the next three games.

he's 6/19 from three. frank is 7/19. in other words, he's one make away from being a 37% shooter from three. the sample size is too small to say much of anything about 3 pt shooting.

the twos, on the other hand, are beginning to be concerning. its a bigger sample - nearly 2x the attempts - and he's only hitting 35% he has to get better there.

but my biggest concern as far as shooting goes right now is the bigs' ft shooting. boo & choo are a combined 5/20 from the stripe. the main culprit here right now is sidibe (4/16), but they are leaving a lot of points on the table and if they don't improve then teams are just going to foul them. this will kill us in close games that become ft shooting contests as we won't be able to have our shotblockers in the game for fear of empty possessions at the other end

Boo & Choo? I LIKE IT !

Boo & Choo? I LIKE IT !

I was the first guy to ask arbiter of nicknames. OttoInGrotto. permission to make a 2 player nickname (about our 2 "recruiters"), and he seemed ok with it. I predict he me see this in a favorable light, and I personally think it has potential. OIG, emerge from your stuopr and bestore some wisdom upon us!

I was the first guy to ask arbiter of nicknames. OttoInGrotto. permission to make a 2 player nickname (about our 2 "recruiters"), and he seemed ok with it. I predict he me see this in a favorable light, and I personally think it has potential. OIG, emerge from your stuopr and bestore some wisdom upon us!
Hey Cap! Happy belated Thanksksgiving!!

Say what you want about last year's team, but the combination of gillon, white, and Lydon from the line was maybe the best we've had. The center spot is usually where you find the worst ft shooting so it was a big advantage in that regard when lydon was playing the 5.

As for this year so far... It's a huge concern. We know we struggle offensively and will be grinding out some wins and you can't leave so many points left out there.

Hey Cap! Happy belated Thanksksgiving!!

Thanks buddy! Hey, I just realized you were the only person online or in real life that wished me one. other than one person who did days ahead, which doesnt count! :) thanks bro!! (I dont celebrate holidays really anyhow, so it doesnt matter, but I appreciate the sentiment!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom