Are we the Bad Boys on NCAA basketball? | Syracusefan.com

Are we the Bad Boys on NCAA basketball?

GooseMutt

All Conference
Sure feels like it. Many people in the tri-state area are fans. Outside of that it seems like people enjoy seeing us fail. We have been the "Spoiler" many times and it's never forgotten. Many lay claims as being our most hated rival. After Kentucky and Duke I feel we are the next most hated program. I like it! Time to do more damage.

I doubt it. tbh, a lot of fans don't think about us, which is fine. We made some enemies with the move to the ACC, but we're not the only program to jump ship. Some people don't like JB's demeanor with the press and took the Fine situation and NCAA investigation as opportunities to lash out and/or confirm their thoughts about him and the program. But, all in all, we're generally not elite enough to be widely hated. I definitely don't think we have a 'bad boys' persona in the eyes of many fanbases.

People hate JB, they don't really hate Syracuse.
Sorry for OP typo. On should be Of. Having said that I have 2 Rutgers grads and 4 Villanova grads in my family and I am the Syracuse grad. Everyone hates us. It pisses me off but it is what it is and yes they despise Coach Boeheim and that also pisses me off. If we can't be a contender( which perhaps now we can) I want to be a spoiler and turn over a few carts. Main targets- Nova and Rutgers for me

I have 2 Rutgers grads and 4 Villanova grads in my family

That's probably your answer right there. 1st of all, I'd tell the Rutgers grads that their opinions on any sport are automatically invalid and they should be ashamed of themselves. The Nova fans are fine. Embrace their hate.

When I lived in Iowa, Illinois I always thought people had a pretty high opinion of Syracuse. That may have worn off though. Lol

When I lived in Iowa, Illinois I always thought people had a pretty high opinion of Syracuse. That may have worn off though. Lol

I'm the same way. I've lived in Kansas and Georgia and never really heard us thought of as the bad boys. But I don't hang out with a lot of annoying people either.

Sorry for OP typo. On should be Of. Having said that I have 2 Rutgers grads and 4 Villanova grads in my family and I am the Syracuse grad. Everyone hates us. It pisses me off but it is what it is and yes they despise Coach Boeheim and that also pisses me off. If we can't be a contender( which perhaps now we can) I want to be a spoiler and turn over a few carts. Main targets- Nova and Rutgers for me
And you really pay attention to the Rutgers grads?

Does Rutgers even basketball?

Does Rutgers even anything?

Rutgers?...Rutgers?...Not Cuse, not Cuse, not Cuse...we're talking 'bout Rutgers

Rutgers has a cart?

rutgers-fan.gif