Are we the luckiest college basketball fans in the nation or what? | Syracusefan.com

Are we the luckiest college basketball fans in the nation or what?

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
If we were on the outside looking in we'd be in awe of all the hoopla surrounding this program.

From this first time ever, ACC meeting between Coach K, the winningest coach in NCAA history, to Boeheimburg where close to 300 students have camped out in freezing weather for two weeks.

Top that off with wall-to-wall coverage of the days events provided by ESPN's Game Day and our favorite analyst Jay Bilas.

Some times you have to pinch yourself to realize that this is all occurring in your hometown, the place you were born or the place you attended school.

Talk is swirling about a new arena, top recruits are putting us at the top of their lists, the assistants are killing it on the recruiting trail, 35,000 + plus want to be in the Dome today.

Looking back several decades our hope for the future was to one day eat at the big boy table.

I remember looking at that bespectacled skinny assistant on the SU bench and wondering, "Could he be the next John Wooden?"

Well JB hasn't won 10 national championships in 12 years but he has produced at least six teams that had the potential to go all the way add to that over 900 victories.

It feels great to be on the inside looking out!!!

Last edited:
Good post, you are right. I sometimes take this for granted. One of my life's most memorable moments was sliding down the steps covered with ice in front of crouse with thousands of other delirious fans after we beat villanova to become #1 in 2010. The scene was absolutely unreal and unforgettable. My wife went to a small school and is sometimes a little jealous although she lives vicariously through my emotions now.

My Duke friends are becoming increasingly anxious. But all of the fun and frolic has really taken my mind off the game. I can't wait to go to this INCREDIBLE EVENT! I feel honored and thrilled I'm alive for it. No matter the outcome (and I mean this seriously), the SU fans and the city of Syracuse will have had one glorious experience!

The secret to happiness is to count your blessings.