Are YOU "In"? | Syracusefan.com

Are YOU "In"?

Poles#7

Captain
I just wanted to bring this to your attention. Give me you honest thoughts about this campaign.
If you notice, there is a place to donate directly to the new indoor practice center facility.
http://www.suathletics.com/news/2013/3/13/GEN_0313134242.aspx
AT THE BOTTOM 'CLICK' the link - "Will you say 'I'm In' today? and it will bring it to the presentation part.

If you do choose to donate, please just shoot me a quick email so I can track how much support this group has given. This part is not required but I want to track it.

Once again - feel free to email me with any questions. Thank you to all who have in my first post.

japoles

link doesn't work.

Well, it didn't when I wrote this.

Donated--IPF

I just wanted to bring this to your attention. Give me you honest thoughts about this campaign.
If you notice, there is a place to donate directly to the new indoor practice center facility.
http://www.suathletics.com/news/2013/3/13/GEN_0313134242.aspx

Once again - feel free to email me with any questions. Thank you to all who have in my first post.

japoles

I like the overall campaign for the athletics department as a whole, but it would be nice to have a separate, more specific campaign for the IPF as it is currently the largest need for donations (as far as I know). It would give the IPF donators a greater overall "ownership" feel in the project.

this title looks like it was written by my sales manager.

I like the overall campaign for the athletics department as a whole, but it would be nice to have a separate, more specific campaign for the IPF as it is currently the largest need for donations (as far as I know). It would give the IPF donators a greater overall "ownership" feel in the project.

You can specifically select IPF in the drop down menu now. At least thats a start.

Guys I had a conversation with SU. We can't get credit as a group (SyracuseFan) since we are not a 501C. So while it was a good idea to raise money for the Indoor Practice Facility under the banner of Syracusefan.com...the bottomline is raising money for the IPF is the main point.

ANYWAYS...I challenge everyone to donate to the IPF and let us know on this thread.

Just check in and say "Donated--IPF" Please don't tell us how much.

You can specifically select IPF in the drop down menu now. At least thats a start.

It's buried by being at the bottom of the drop down. If anything it should be directly below the Ernie Davis Football Fund.

Whose money was it you donated? ;)

All his Monopoly money--plus his "Get Out of Jail Free" card. (He was saving it for Pierce-Brewster but HCSS's actions made that a moot point,)

Real money to follow, I'm sure, ;)

Donated - IPF. $1M.

Oh wait, you said not to tell how much.

Sent using my Commodore 64
Its probably all the money you saved on computers over the years.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Pl
Guys I had a conversation with SU. We can't get credit as a group (SyracuseFan) since we are not a 501C. So while it was a good idea to raise money for the Indoor Practice Facility under the banner of Syracusefan.com...the bottomline is raising money for the IPF is the main point.

ANYWAYS...I challenge everyone to donate to the IPF and let us know on this thread.

Just check in and say "Donated--IPF" Please don't tell us how much.

Please let me know if you do donate (japoles) I would greatly appreciate it.
link doesn't work.

Well, it didn't when I wrote this.

Donated--IPF
I changed the link it should work.

I am working on getting this done. Once the renderings are done we will be closer to achieving this-will keep you posted.

This may appear to be negative... but it's not meant to be. There are just a couple of things related to this project that are frustrating.
  1. The Campaign

I'm still surprised that SUAD doesn't have a dedicated IPF web page, if not a separate site, showing some drawings and listing some of the facility's features. It's fine to announce that something's coming... but without a proper fund-raising campaign it's going to be be a tough sell. People want to know/see what they're contributing to. When they do, they can get excited and more easily justify making a donation.
  2. The SyracuseFan.com tie-in

While I appreciate the possible legal tape on having anything named after the online group, it would've seemed feasible to:
    a. have SyracuseFan.com donors write in "Part of the SyracuseFan.com community." on the donation form.
    b. have SUAD staff look for such a note associated with the contributions and keep a running tally.

This would allow SUAD to:
    c. get an idea of the impact of the online community.
    d. if warranted (depending on the final tally), acknowledge the support of SyracuseFan.com.
    (hint: a simple public "thank you" or mention on a donor plaque (etc.) would go a long way).
That said, I'm In. Donated--IPF.

BTW, Jason would like you to send him an email with how much you donated. He wants to track our group (syracusefan.com). It can't hurt for him to realize 100 or 200 of us giving $44, 125, 500, 1000, 5000, etc...will add up to nice overall gift.

Jason plans on attending our Clemson Board tailgate and several other Syracusefan.com events this Fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom