Argentina v Russia | Syracusefan.com

Argentina v Russia

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
Did you know?

By winning the Bronze medal today, did you know that this marks the FIRST Olympic medal in basketball for the Russian Federation? Their last Olympic medal in men's basketball was won in 1988 when they last played as the USSR. Thank you JTII for picking Charles Smith and not Sherman Douglas. And thanks for picking a team with no shooters besides Hersey Hawkins, who got hurt. Next to Larry Brown, worst US coach in Team USA history.

Game ended ugly with Argentina swarming the refs and Prigioni kicking over a substitution clock. Wonderful way to exit for Argentina's golden generation.

I really like this Russian team. They play great defense, move the ball very well, and are rebounding machines.

I really like this Russian team. They play great defense, move the ball very well, and are rebounding machines.

I liked Russia also but they were lucky that Schved got hot late in the game. It really would have been interesting to see what their defense would have done to the Americans. I'm glad they got the bronze. Never have been a fan of Ginobelli, Nocioni and especially Scola.

mELO SAID THAT GUMBY IS THE HARDEST GUY TO DEFEND.