Army / Navy Thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Army / Navy Thread...

I love watching Army play. They're good for a 10+ minute opening drive nearly every game.

Grew up in Hudson Valley close to West Point. Uncle had Army season tix in 70s and took me to a lot of games. Favorite players were Leaman Hall (QB) and Jim Merriken (RB). Fond memories of Michie and Black Knights of the Hudson. Go Army, Beat Navy.

We Air Force Types and our Marine Brethren believe that "Army" and "Navy" are dirty four letter words, rarely do we get to use the "A" word or the "N" word in a positive manner, let alone use both in the same breath in a positive manner. However, this game is a great reminder of the great people that serve our country, past, present, and future. Enjoy the game knowing these kids will stand for us in years to come.

Go Army!
Go Navy!

Please excuse me while I wash my mouth out with soap...

Also, Army coach back then was Homer Smith, one of Dino's mentors. I think Dino was on Homer's staff when Homer was later the head coach at UCLA. Homer literally wrote a book about clock management and was considered a clock management guru. Dino always says that he learned clock management from the expert on it, Homer Smith.

Go Navy, Beat Army...My time was onboard the USS Saratoga CV-60...some good times...though as an enlisted man I was not a fan of the "Ring Knockers". I attended the game in Baltimore two years ago when Navy let Army win for the first time in forever...I most strongly recommend attending an Army-Navy game if you can...It is a truly awesome spectacle. I was lucky that the owner of the company I worked for at the time, pulled some strings and got me free tickets to the game.
Nice!! Sister Sara!!

Go Navy!!

HC-3 and HC-11

My Bird!!
images

My Patch
images

My Ships!!

USS Wichita (Wicked Witch)

09210103.jpg

and USS Mt Hood (Good Hood)
a-port-beam-view-of-the-ammunition-ship-uss-mount-hood-ae-29-underway-a-ch-530e6c-1600.jpg

OMG I would love to go!!! Tix seem scarce

When I worked for a Congressman several years ago, constituents who wanted tickets had some special way to buy them. Don't know whether that is still the case, but you might want to check with your congressional office next year.

We Air Force Types and our Marine Brethren believe that "Army" and "Navy" are dirty four letter words, rarely do we get to use the "A" word or the "N" word in a positive manner, let alone use both in the same breath in a positive manner. However, this game is a great reminder of the great people that serve our country, past, present, and future. Enjoy the game knowing these kids will stand for us in years to come.

Go Army!
Go Navy!

Please excuse me while I wash my mouth out with soap...
They don't even go together!!!! It's more like Air Force and National Guard!! : )

Although they may hate it, Marines have to go for Navy when we play our Lil Sis (AF) or Mean Uncle (Army)!!!

I wish we were having beers during this!!

JHJ, What you say!!??

Sorry Mark!! No offense!! ; )

They don't even go together!!!! It's more like Air Force and National Guard!! : )

Although they may hate it, Marines have to go for Navy when we play our Lil Sis (AF) or Mean Uncle (Army)!!!

JHJ, What you say!!??

If you want to see things get really exciting tell JHJ that he is the Navy's infantry...fireworks to follow...LOL

Nice!! Sister Sara!!

Go Navy!!

HC-3 and HC-11

My Bird!!
images

My Patch
images

My Ships!!

USS Wichita (Wicked Witch)

09210103.jpg

and USS Mt Hood (Good Hood)
a-port-beam-view-of-the-ammunition-ship-uss-mount-hood-ae-29-underway-a-ch-530e6c-1600.jpg
Perhaps we should meet up next time I am down there...first we will salute a young marine and SU fan that is buried in Arlington. Then we can go tell sea stories over some cold ones.

If you want to see things get really exciting tell JHJ that he is the Navy's infantry...fireworks to follow...LOL

Ummm Never!! : )

Perhaps we should meet up next time I am down there...first we will salute a young marine and SU fan that is buried in Arlington. Then we can go tell sea stories over some cold ones.
That would be cool Shipmate!! DM when you plan on being in the area...

Were you a WestPac guy...? All of my stories start after Guam!!

Our little green brothers would look awfully funny trying to walk to their next invasion.

As was pointed out to me at the Naval War College, the Navy is the original joint force operation. It has its own army, two air forces, and the means to move them all.

Last edited:

JHJ, What you say!!??

LOL ,Yes the Marines cheer for the Navy in this game. Some years you tell which Midshipmen have chose the Marine Corps by what sticker is on the back of the helmet. The Marines have the Eagle Globe and Anchor on the back. In other years they would have a Marine patch somewhere on their Uniform.

Go Navy

For the record the NAVY is just a big uber for the Marines. When we need a ride they provide it to us.

Wow Army! Statement first drive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom