Arrogance Maximus | Syracusefan.com

Arrogance Maximus

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
Paterno's actions yesterday made it clear that he thought he stood above the BOT.

If he'd contacted them before making his retirement announcement it would've been clear how things would've gone. Instead of retiring he could've taken the (relative) high road and stepped down immediately "for the good of PSU".

Then again, perhaps he did contact them, didn't like what he heard and announced his retirement... never expecting them to actually go through with it. It would've been in character.

I was never a JoePa fan, but did respect his results and the way he appeared to go about things. That respect is now gone. I suspect that I'm not alone in this regard.

His whole final statement sucked. If it was his son that was handling all of this he needs to find a new son. His usage of the word dignity, and saying he wanted to spare the BOT from deciding was stupid. I went from being 99.9% sure he was going to be fired to 100% after he released that statement.

The whole ending was JoePa dictating how he wanted to go out with"dignity" was even stated. BOT did the right thing and made it effective immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom