Article from five years ago discussing Bruce Pearl/Kelvin Sampson and the show cause penalties | Syracusefan.com

Article from five years ago discussing Bruce Pearl/Kelvin Sampson and the show cause penalties

Pretty incredible that there are no penalties against the actual coaches. Calipari at UMass, Calipari at Memphis, Pearl at Tennessee, Sampson and Indiana, etc. These coaches can just skip town and start making $3m at another school within 1-2 years. The programs get nailed, and ultimately walk-ons lose scholarships and have to pay out of pocket to attend college. Jay Bilas has a great piece about this, how the real victims of NCAA sanctions are just walk-ons or borderline scholarship players who suddenly have to pay $40k+ per year for college, because the former head coach cheated.

What did Pearl do outside of a BBQ and some phone calls? Its against the rules and I get that but calling him slim and a scumbag? Seems a lot less than what has happened with us.

Ok?

I'm still not seeing anything more than a BBQ about breaking rules.

He didn't break any rules but some people might consider it unethical to record a conversation without the kid's consent and turn in an edited version to the NCAA. And Iowa's my second favorite team after Syracuse and I think it's despicable. One would think after having such a difficult time getting back into big time coaching, he could behave himself for 5 minutes, but no, he has the recruit at the BBQ and then lies about and asks everyone there to lie about it too. I know you like to defend everyone's honor but Syracuse, but the guy is a joke.

He didn't break any rules but some people might consider it unethical to record a conversation without the kid's consent and turn in an edited version to the NCAA. And Iowa's my second favorite team after Syracuse and I think it's despicable. One would think after having such a difficult time getting back into big time coaching, he could behave himself for 5 minutes, but no, he has the recruit at the BBQ and then lies about and asks everyone there to lie about it too. I know you like to defend everyone's honor but Syracuse, but the guy is a joke.

I'm not defending the guys honor at all, just find it hilarious that he's is made out to be a scum cheater.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom