Article on Buffalo Affiliation with New York Mets | Syracusefan.com

Article on Buffalo Affiliation with New York Mets

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
2012 is the final year of the contract. Some there are pining for, ironically, an affiliation with the Toronto Blue Jays...it has not been a happy marriage to date.

Let's see if the Simone family can finally land a NY team to replace the one they lost when the Yankees went to Columbus some 35 years ago. Their track record is not a good one.

Link

Simone would have to open up the checkbook and replace the obsolete scoreboard first. Which, if memory serves, was one of the reasons why the Mets chose Buffalo in the first place.

Mets fan here. Wityh the Mets ownership mess, I think the Chiefs are better off with Washington.

Washington has better talent in the minors too. Mets are terrible from Class A to the Majors

Washington has better talent in the minors too. Mets are terrible from Class A to the Majors

The talent they had is all with the big club, due to all the injuries.

I think the Nationals would love to have a Triple-A affiliate in Richmond; the bulk of their season ticketholders are Virginians and they market heavily down through Fredericksburg. It wouldn't shock me if they flee Syracuse when the contract is up. I'd love to see Syracuse get proactive and start talking with the Mets.

As a fellow Mets fan, I'll admit that the cupboard is bare. But I'd have to imagine the name appeal would be a positive for the Chiefs.

If we lose the Nats I hope we get the Mets. But I think the Chiefs will be better off with the Nats. I hope nothing changes before we get a chance to see Bryce Harper.