Article on college football's "greatest" team and it's impact on the Super Bowl with a Cuse mention. | Syracusefan.com

Article on college football's "greatest" team and it's impact on the Super Bowl with a Cuse mention.

If my memory serves me, one of the boards' senior citizens claimed that Syracuse had more talent than that Miami team - 17 first round picks and 38 drafted in the NFL - I guess he was wrong about that..

I remember that game well. I bought a special "Cuse" hat for that game. We lost so bad that I haven't worn that hat since. Somehow I need to exorcise the demons and maybe that hat could bring the Cuse hoop program some good karma.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--f...g-presence-in-super-bowl-xlvii-063925887.html

The thing most people (especially Miami fans) forget about that McKinnie-Freeney game against Miami is that Miami's success had more to do with neutralizing Freeney with three-step-drop passes and running plays than McKinnie manhandling Freeney and stopping his rush. As good as McKinnie was, the scheme was what stopped Freeney.

The thing most people (especially Miami fans) forget about that McKinnie-Freeney game against Miami is that Miami's success had more to do with neutralizing Freeney with three-step-drop passes and running plays than McKinnie manhandling Freeney and stopping his rush. As good as McKinnie was, the scheme was what stopped Freeney.
:rolling:

P's fault he didnt get a sack.
:eek:

better man won that day.
Oh Lord

:rolling:

P's fault he didnt get a sack.
:eek:

better man won that day.
Oh Lord

It had nothing to do with P. It was a wise scheme by Miami, not a bad one by P. And I certainly didn't discredit McKinnie.

Some people just look for things to disagree with. Learn how to read before making your blowhard comments.

It had nothing to do with P. It was a wise scheme by Miami, not a bad one by P. And I certainly didn't discredit McKinnie.

Some people just look for things to disagree with. Learn how to read before making your blowhard comments.
re: P...learning how to 'read', would be a nice place for you to start.

If my memory serves me, one of the boards' senior citizens claimed that Syracuse had more talent than that Miami team - 17 first round picks and 38 drafted in the NFL - I guess he was wrong about that..
my favorite post of all time. After the 72-0 loss I asked the board, since the network broke away where I live, is that when the annoucers said we had a talent gap over miami?

Bryant held Dwight constantly. I think it was called once or twice, but he was doing the same thing almost every down.