As a kid watching the game of footballI always hated that the weather played such a big role in game | Syracusefan.com

As a kid watching the game of footballI always hated that the weather played such a big role in game

CaliCuse

All American
This,of course was before artificial turf and way before domes became a structure that eliminated the weather entirely.Watching players roll around in mud wasn't something I enjoyed and this game in a heavy snow reminded me of those days. Yeah I knew the game was played in this stuff but I didn't like it. The Yankees should float a bond issue and figure out a way to put a cap on this stadium. Syracuse didn't bring the snow with them. A stadium in the greatest city in the country should be weather proofThe Pinstripe Bowl could be bigger than it now is if the game wasn't almost certain to be terrible.

Football is meant to be played outdoors with elements. Its december. I loved every minute of it.

This,of course was before artificial turf and way before domes became a structure that eliminated the weather entirely.Watching players roll around in mud wasn't something I enjoyed and this game in a heavy snow reminded me of those days. Yeah I knew the game was played in this stuff but I didn't like it. The Yankees should float a bond issue and figure out a way to put a cap on this stadium. Syracuse didn't bring the snow with them. A stadium in the greatest city in the country should be weather proofThe Pinstripe Bowl could be bigger than it now is if the game wasn't almost certain to be terrible.
you might want to skip next season's super bowl

Football is meant to be played outdoors with elements. Its december. I loved every minute of it.
I love snowy football games but not so much when the first half is rain and I'm sitting in it.

Anything else tha you would like the owners of 27 world series championships to do to make the Pinstripe bowl more successful? I am sure they are open to making wholesale changes in order to make this one day of year a better experience.

Why would they need to put a roof on a stadium where football is played one or two days a year?

As a player, I never was bothered by playing in the elements of upstate NY. In fact, and I was an end, I liked it. Snow, mud, whatever. It changed the calculus of the game some but was worth it. Fun stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom