As Aaron Rogers said: relax | Syracusefan.com

As Aaron Rogers said: relax

I've stayed away from the basketball board since Saturday and after perusing it rather than start the work week, I'm glad I did. I get the frustration, but I still see a pretty good team that just doesn't yet make plays when it comes time to win.

No one expected Grant or Ennis to leave last year and this is the end result of that. It is disappointing because I just assumed we would never have a bubble/NIT team for the foreseeable future, but even great programs take a step back every once in a while.

And at least as far as I know, none of these guys have the off the court issues that made some of our prior NIT teams so unlikable. They just aren't playing the level of basketball that we wish they were, but they are talented and they'll get better.

Isn't that what this message board is for though? To vent when we lose and celebrate when we win? Its therapeutic in a way. Clearly everyone uses it in a different way, but in the end we all want the same thing. Syracuse success SUball

In the five stages of loss/grief (or in this case 2 losses, back to back), some get to the 5th stage (acceptance) quicker than others. When it becomes easy to accept losses, you begin to follow the NY Giants or the Philadelphia 76ers.

Isn't that what this message board is for though? To vent when we lose and celebrate when we win? Its therapeutic in a way. Clearly everyone uses it in a different way, but in the end we all want the same thing. Syracuse success SUball
Thats the thing...I think a small percentage of folks that come on here want SU to falter

Thats the thing...I think a small percentage of folks that come on here want SU to falter
Twisted, sad, tragic and alarming :eek:
But yes, I think you nailed it. Some people want this. Not sure how many times I've posted the Yin and Yang and these but let me do that voodoo that tee do.
tumblr_m3kra8tLQQ1rvoi5to1_500.jpg

Aaron Rogers is the best qb in the league, and knows he can win a sb, If I thought we had a legit chance of winning anything this year I would relax, this team is in major trouble.

Aaron Rogers is the best qb in the league, and knows he can win a sb, If I thought we had a legit chance of winning anything this year I would relax, this team is in major trouble.

If you know the team is going to be terrible, then what's the point of getting worked up over it?

This is so much different than the football team because JB has a track record of success and winning and extreme level of competence that I know we'll be fine next year. My friends keep asking me if I'm ok with how "bad" the season is so far, and I'm remarkably calm. As long as we finish the season over .500, I'll be fine.

If you know the team is going to be terrible, then what's the point of getting worked up over it?

This is so much different than the football team because JB has a track record of success and winning and extreme level of competence that I know we'll be fine next year. My friends keep asking me if I'm ok with how "bad" the season is so far, and I'm remarkably calm. As long as we finish the season over .500, I'll be fine.

I don't get that worked up over it, I came to terms with what this team was after the Cal game. Its just going to be hard come March.

This is pretty much where I am. I just don't think this team is any good, and have accepted that. We are extremely limited, and have far more issues then any team has had in the past. I will even go as far as saying this is one of the worst JB teams in the past 25 years. But this happens, even to great programs like Syracuse. We have been a top 5 - 10 program for the past 10 years, it's ok if you have a down year every now and again. Even Kentucky with all the studs they bring in were awful a couple years ago. It happens. Now does that make me a bad fan? I don't think so. I will still be tuned in with my eyes glued to every possession. I will still go to every home game, and support the team. I just don't think they're any good, I don't see the problem with that as some (not you) have seemed to have a problem with.

"If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?" - Shantideva

None of us can solve the issues with the basketball team, so just relax.
Paul McCartney said it too.

I love the post.

For a different reason than you might suspect though... it reads very much like a capitulation post which can sometimes be a contrarian indicator that the bottom is close to being in.

Did you hear that everyone?! were going to the FF!!!!(again):ESUball

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom