As amazing as that game winning shot was | Syracusefan.com

As amazing as that game winning shot was

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Had the official who was inbounding the ball been paying attention Clemson would have been T'ed up as there coach was adamantly calling for a TO despite not having any as we were inbounding. Watch the replay hes running at the guy yelling for a TO.

Coaches can't call timeout anymore. Unless you mean him being on court that is.

I thought the official waved Brownwell off - to me the ref clearly saw him but didn't call the T

Had the official who was inbounding the ball been paying attention Clemson would have been T'ed up as there coach was adamantly calling for a TO despite not having any as we were inbounding. Watch the replay hes running at the guy yelling for a TO.

saw this as well... looked like he was tapping his shoulders repeatedly, right?

It was as a mad scramble in the Clemson sideline. They let us inbound :crazy:

Last edited:
saw this as well... looked like he was tapping his shoulders repeatedly, right?

Yes and before that he was up the court further making the Timeout sign over his head

Coaches can't call timeout anymore. Unless you mean him being on court that is.

They can on deadballs, should have been a T but I guess the ref gave him a break, he was pretty adamant though, his assistant had to finally grab him and bear hug him to get him to stop.

Sorry I started another thread, I couldnt get my pic to post correctly! But yes he signaled TO and then tapped his shoulders and then his assistant about tackled him. Should been a T plus ball. Could have mattered, but didn't.

coaches can call a TO on dead ball not live ball.. it was a T they didnt call. out luck we would have missed the Ft and not won. i will take this
With a T you get ball too

i have nore faith in getting a good shot going the length of the court then in the half court set when forced.. except that we drilled them on OB plays several times.

yes they can. They changed it back

are you sure? I'm almost positive Boeheim hasn't gotten a few TO's this year. Thats just me seeing it from afar on not in focus on TV- not announcers talking about it. I guess I could be wrong. But I;ve just assumed it all year.

With a T you get ball too

Gillon has made 28 or 29 in a row. He's due to miss... I'll take the 3 I know we made. Over 2 shots and the ball right now.

I'm confused, or maybe you guys are? They awarded the timeout and the ESPN play by play indicates Clemson took it after the Grantham shot.

I'm confused, or maybe you guys are? They awarded the timeout and the ESPN play by play indicates Clemson took it after the Grantham shot.

After that timeout, the Clemson HC attempted to take another one as we were inbounding the ball.

Gillon has made 28 or 29 in a row. He's due to miss... I'll take the 3 I know we made. Over 2 shots and the ball right now.

that's not how probabilities work.

After that timeout, the Clemson HC attempted to take another one as we were inbounding the ball.

Ahhhh, that's what was going on.....I assumed he was just trying to slow things down and give last minute positioning instructions.

Brownell said he thought TR was in the game for us so he countered with a big. He took the blame for the loss by having the wrong personnel group on the floor, specifically for having a big trying to defend Battle on the perimeter. That guy sucked in to help on Lydon whereas a perimeter defender would have likely stayed out on Battle. That was his reasoning and probably why be was desperately trying to call TO again.

Brownell said he thought TR was in the game for us so he countered with a big. He took the blame for the loss by having the wrong personnel group on the floor, specifically for having a big trying to defend Battle on the perimeter. That guy sucked in to help on Lydon whereas a perimeter defender would have likely stayed out on Battle. That was his reasoning and probably why be was desperately trying to call TO again.

Interesting! I too was surprised when JB sent Frank out. Although these days Robey's free throw shooting is way worse than Frank's. If Robey were out there you'd have to be tempted to foul him in that situation, probably not, but the thought would have to cross your mind.

I wonder if there was something going on with the scorer's desk. Between Syracuse thinking we only had 5 fouls at the end of the 1st half and Clemson not being aware that Battle had checked in; I thought there was at least one other issue too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom