As expected fifa | Syracusefan.com

As expected fifa

I don't know much about FIFA, but how the hell can this happen? Even if he didn't directly do anything wrong, it's clear that he's not running a tight ship and a change of leadership would be good for the organization, even for perception's sake. I'm guessing that the parties that voted for him have a financial interest in doing so.

Have organizations actually mentioned pulling out of the WC? It seems unlikely that they would.

I don't know much about FIFA, but how the hell can this happen? Even if he didn't directly do anything wrong, it's clear that he's not running a tight ship and a change of leadership would be good for the organization, even for perception's sake. I'm guessing that the parties that voted for him have a financial interest in doing so.

Have organizations actually mentioned pulling out of the WC? It seems unlikely that they would.
The leader of UEFA has already mentioned a possible boycott ( 52 European Countries ) England would lead the way, they despise Fifa for good reason.

It has to be the right time to do so. When you need Putin to get behind you to try and generate public support.. you know you have a problem. His game has been playing to the small guys for years and yet it can continue. Only solution is for countries to start walking away. If anything it could create an awesome opportunity to merge UEFA/The top players in CONCACAF/CONMEBOL and start back from scratch and then get the rest of the world to follow suit or ride out a failing ship. FIFA's label makes all its money due to the money that rolls in from the big guys not the smaller oceania countries. Add to that we all know Blatter doesn't care who he is whoring out to just that they keep him in office.

DOWN GOES SEPP BLATTER!

Just announced he's resigning.

Will be interesting to see if the 2022 World Cup in Qatar is re-voted. Doubt anything will change for 2018 in Russia...may not be enough time when all this gets settled and new leadership is in place. Would not be surprised to see 2022 re-voted though, I can see where it will be expected so FIFA can prove that they are indeed changing their culture.

Loretta Lynch to world - You're welcome.
th

I have a feeling that getting rid of one guy isn't enough. They need a whole new organization. One that is devoted to soccer, not $$$$$.

Wow fifa is coming apart at the seams. They are starting to turn on each other now lol. Jack warner this morning on nbc prosoccertalk just ratted out blatter on meddling with T&T politics.

Will be interesting to see if the 2022 World Cup in Qatar is re-voted. Doubt anything will change for 2018 in Russia...may not be enough time when all this gets settled and new leadership is in place. Would not be surprised to see 2022 re-voted though, I can see where it will be expected so FIFA can prove that they are indeed changing their culture.

If the US ever wants to host again, we should let the 2022 World Cup go to Australia. Lots of people think it should at least stay in Asia , who have seldom hosted. Then 3rd world can't say US brought charges as sour grapes for losing the 2022 vote. Then we get it for 2026.

I have a feeling that getting rid of one guy isn't enough. They need a whole new organization. One that is devoted to soccer, not $$$$$.
Yep They need a complete overhaul not a tuneup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom