As JGIII goes, so goes SU for the next 4 years. | Syracusefan.com

As JGIII goes, so goes SU for the next 4 years.

Delmar

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
He is by far the most important recruit. I'm a fan, but I am not entirely sold. My guess is that when he is done he will have the highest FT % in SU history. The question is whether he is Gerry 2.0. That remains to be seen. But for this year, put the ball in his hands and let's see what happens. I remain hopeful.

Loved how he got to the basket at times and got to the line. And he is certainly looking Gerry level from the line.

7 to 1 assist to turnover ratio tonight. He was really hustling on defense and did a good job directing the action offensively. Thought he took a big step forward tonight.

Pretty good bet he will be the best FT in Syracuse history.

I also think he will end up with a better 3pt% than GMac. Total points??

I was wondering if SWC75 was going to have to do his first ever cancellation of The Upside thread tonight, but this thread makes it look like there is some upside afterall.

Pretty good bet he will be the best FT in Syracuse history.

I also think he will end up with a better 3pt% than GMac. Total points??

From your lips to God's ears.

I just wish Goodine would play but I guess he had his chance and didn’t take advantage

radio guys said something about 30 straight. mentioned gerry and mike lee.

I like Girard - I like him as PG cuz he has a great handle even though he is not super quick or a great athlete - but this notion that we go as Girard goes is comical - we have so many holes to fix that one player cannot mask all our problems - and will be atrocious if Hughes leaves next year

how many attempts per team game do you need to average to qualify for leaderboards?

I like Girard - I like him as PG cuz he has a great handle even though he is not super quick or a great athlete - but this notion that we go as Girard goes is comical - we have so many holes to fix that one player cannot mask all our problems - and will be atrocious if Hughes leaves next year
People are worried about this year breaking the over .500 streak, but I think we win 17–18 games. Next year potentially could be the year...no Eli, maybe no Marek, at least 1 transfer (Carey).

I actually like the Buddy/JG3 back court. I know they struggle on defense but at least they can both score and Joe is a good passer and both are really good FT shooters

After last night he is 32 of 33 on the season. Shooting at 97% clip. Not a guy who leaves points on the table.

Contrast that with the Marlboro Man who is 31 of 52 and missing 40.4% of free throws.

I wish your thread line were true. If we went as JG goes we would be nationally ranked. He is a star in the making. All he needs is a bit more consistency on his treys, and, of course, to prove what he does is sustainable against better competition. Team has many issues, JG is not one of them, but he can’t win wo help.

People are worried about this year breaking the over .500 streak, but I think we win 17–18 games. Next year potentially could be the year...no Eli, maybe no Marek, at least 1 transfer (Carey).

I actually like the Buddy/JG3 back court. I know they struggle on defense but at least they can both score and Joe is a good passer and both are really good FT shooters
I agree with your last paragraph with the caveat of we still need a wing player who is our Alpha. I think JG3 and Buddy will be fine IF they aren't asked to be the lead.

I agree with your last paragraph with the caveat of we still need a wing player who is our Alpha. I think JG3 and Buddy will be fine IF they aren't asked to be the lead.
We need the back line to be STELLAR defensively too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom