As one of the people behind SkiptoSyracuse.com last time around... | Syracusefan.com

As one of the people behind SkiptoSyracuse.com last time around...

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
I have to say:

1- I got nothing this time around from the names out there. At least nothing I feel strongly enough about to really rally behind. The only candidates that excite me are far fetched for a range of reasons.

2- Despite this, still glad Holtz turned us down and Marrone accepted. Holtz wasn't the guy. Another reason I am not staking myself to another website this time around.

3- Remember Turner Gill?

4- I really didn't think we'd be doing this again so soon.

5- The candidate we need: Northeastern US recruiting experience, a moderate name...one that will excite players, recruits, and the base without being so big as to refuse to come here without a massive payday we know isnt coming. I would love previous HC experience, but prob not a requisite.

A few names we are kicking around over here, although which are not well researched and probably all have flaws

Jack Cosgrove (I resepct the hell out of this guy, but 20 years at his alma mater, yes I know insert smack to head here, not likely to leave)
Ed Orgeron (may have connection to Gross, former SU coach, but no northeastern coaching experience in 15 years)
Chuck Priore (possibly my top choice right now...lots of northeastern coaching experience, always has his teams ready to play. Only downside is no NFL experience and no top level college experience...not sure what kind of asst coaches he would be able to bring)
Jim Tressel (I said kicking around...theory here is so toxic may take less $. But an obvious stepping stone candidate, and we prob dont want that contamination)
Randy Edsall (falling stock alert...probably zero chance...no way he's getting a raise off 6-18)
Dave Wannstedt (swap homes with Marrone? recruited not that long ago not too far away...and honestly, underachieved in Pitt, but wasnt awful as far as record)

Throw the kitchen sink at Gruden!!!!

Less than zero chance. Only thing close to a big name you may have a shot with is Wannstedt because he is so damaged right now. But there is a reason for that.

Less than zero chance. Only thing close to a big name you may have a shot with is Wannstedt because he is so damaged right now. But there is a reason for that.

LOL Gruden, that was a good laugh. The only big name option SU has a shot at would be sweater vest and that is due to the NCAA issues. Would be an interesting move by SU to even think about going down that path.

Whipple can't recruit and has a reputation for being a complete

Whipple can't recruit and has a reputation for being a complete

Ya we should pass on that, not a huge fan or the Stony Brook guy either, D1AA to D1 is a huge jump I dont see that working out well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom