As one rivalry ends... | Syracusefan.com

As one rivalry ends...

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
Another begins in Earnest.

I have mentioned many time how I feel about Louisville. A great city, uber friendly people, very knowledgeable and passionate basketball fans.

I have a hard time hating them. It just isn't the same. I know from hanging out on their boards most of them feel the same way about us.

Having said that, one fan base will find that hate a lot easier after tonight. I obviously hope it is the folks in red who won't be as outnumbered as we think they will be.

In any event, I hope there is a rematch in Greensboro in about 24 months.

But I do have an easy time hating Pitino. To quote the great James Arthur Boeheim "Rick is full of stuff".

bump for UofL hate getting A LOT frikkin easier

Totally agree. They are a much better rival for us in the ACC than Boston College. In order to be a rival they actually have to be capable of betting you on a regular basis and BC has no such shot and in reality BC belongs more in the C7 than they do in the ACC.

I don't think it will shape into a good rivalry after all. Pitino will leave there soon enough, & Louisville will slump for decades.

Hatred makes you miss the simplest things which you end up actually having in common with someone you want to hate. Louisville has had 3 coaches since 1943. 3. Peck Hickman, Denny Crum and Rick Pitino. That is 70 years. You guys have had one coach for one hell of a long time and he is beloved in Louisville.

Choose your enemies because they piss you off. Not because you lost a game.

If you read their board they don't see it as much of a rivalry. They think they own SU having won 9 of last 12. They pretty much think we're a good but over-rated program. Sounds like grounds for a rivalry but JB has to adapt to be more competitive with Pitino's pressing style.

No, Louisville will have to adjust to the actual rules of the game in the new conference. No more fouling every time.

Another begins in Earnest.

I have mentioned many time how I feel about Louisville. A great city, uber friendly people, very knowledgeable and passionate basketball fans.

I have a hard time hating them. It just isn't the same. I know from hanging out on their boards most of them feel the same way about us.

Having said that, one fan base will find that hate a lot easier after tonight. I obviously hope it is the folks in red who won't be as outnumbered as we think they will be.

In any event, I hope there is a rematch in Greensboro in about 24 months.

In a sea of horrible posts...a great one.

44cuse

I did have a slight tincture of respect for Louisville, until I started dealing with their ignorant fans. They are rude, & have no respect for the tradition & success of Syracuse.

Hatred makes you miss the simplest things which you end up actually having in common with someone you want to hate. Louisville has had 3 coaches since 1943. 3. Peck Hickman, Denny Crum and Rick Pitino. That is 70 years. You guys have had one coach for one hell of a long time and he is beloved in Louisville.

Choose your enemies because they piss you off. Not because you lost a game.

I should clarify I hate LOSING to you guys.

Congrats though, my friend. You should bump your own rivalry post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom