Assists | Syracusefan.com

Assists

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Tonight, Toledo game, we had 9 assists and 9 turnovers. 9 turnovers is great. 9 Assists is not so great. We depend on one-on-one offense. Battle seems pretty unstoppable but i could say that about most everyone playing for San Antonio or Golden State, yet they are better then the sum of their parts. The next step for us would be to be a better passing team. I like our players but I am not so fond of our style.

Some of that was a product of Toledos defense. They sagged off the ball on the PnR, allowing the mid range and Howard/Battle ate that up.

I agree. This team has demonstrated the ability to pass the ball. Texas Southern played zone against us and we had 21 assists. Acknowledging the small sample size, they seem to be able to adjust their style depending on the defense.

Yeah, none of that sharp passing the ball around the perimeter for 15 seconds. No, we are trying to find a way towards the basket so we can score. We can’t depend upon our 3 point shot this year, although I hope that gets better. The only reason Toledo was in the game was their 3 point shooting.

Anyhoo, we had several ghost assists where our players missed the layup. Should have had 3 or 4 more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom