Assists | Syracusefan.com

Assists

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
We had 10. Marek had 3 while playing half the game. Carey had zero assists. He is not a point guard.
They had 22 assists.

He is a perfect pg for iso ball not pass around ball . Needs more handle practice also. Marek is our best passer.

Yeah, Carey had zero assists and more rebounds than anybody else on the team. If this is in any way indicative of how they've been practicing, I'm smh. Between last season and this, I've often wondered if they have any notion of what to do with the ball when they get it into the half court. Most of the time they're handling like it's a hot potato and they just need an open man to get rid of it to. No offensive sets whatsoever, and no structure from which to run a play. Even ISO ball needs some structure to start from, doesn't it?

I mean we should be recruiting Derrick Rose, Stephen Marburg ball hog PGs and tell them come here for one year.
We will give you the keys, you will play the whole game and your ISO games will get exposure.
As we don’t look to pass the ball and run anything in the halfcourt.
The problem with the ISO ball mentality is we have nonthreats on the court and it allows their defender to sag into the paint and make a 1 on 1 into a 1 on 2-3.
If this were the NBA ISO works because the floor always has enough offensive threats who can shoot so defenders can’t sag.

We are the anti-Golden State. Part of what a pt guard does is handle but part is the direction he sets for the team. We need that direction. It is a long season but the sooner Frank comes back the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom